Arla is a farmer-owned global business. For us, it is a given that profitability and responsible business practices go hand in hand, whether buying or selling. It takes commitment, collaboration and integrity.
Anti-corruption and bribery
We take a zero-tolerance approach to bribery and corruption and are committed to acting professionally, fairly and with integrity in all our business dealings and relationships wherever we operate.
We have a global anti-bribery directive which sets out the responsibilities in observing and upholding our position on bribery and corruption, and provides information and guidance on how to recognise and deal with bribery and corruption issues. This directive applies to anyone who works for us or on our behalf in any capacity.
- We continue to strengthen our initiatives and have compulsory e-learning for all office colleagues, and in-depth face-to-face training for relevant colleagues.
- We address anti-bribery specifically with our suppliers.
- We have had zero convictions.
Our globally managed spend represents around 77% of the total spend. Currently 76% of our preferred suppliers have signed our Code of Conduct for suppliers.
- 100% of the palm oil we purchased during 2016 was segregated and certified according to RSPO (Round table for Sustainable Palm Oil) criteria.
- All the cocoa used by Arla® and Cocio® for branded products is UTZ certified.
- All the soy used at Arla farms is either organic, ProTerra certified, RTRS (Round table Responsible Soy) or covered by RTRS certificates.