For the base
- 8 barley rusks
- 2 tomato slices
- 300 gr Lurpak® butter, melted
- Some dried oregano
- Some water
For the cream cheese
- 400 gr fresh Arla® cream cheese
- 200 gr feta cheese, pressed with the fork
- 1 small bunch of mint and basil (only the leaves, chopped)
- Some pepper
- Some extra virgin olive oil
For the spread
- 16-20 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 small onion, cut in slices
- Some olive oil
- Some grape syrup (preferably made from fig)
- Salt, pepper
- Some basil, finely chopped
Preheat the oven at 180C. Cut the rusks into smaller pieces and grind them very finely in a blender. Add melted butter, oregano, tomato, 1 tbsps cold water and blend a little bit more, until mixture is wet.
In a baking tin with removable sides (21cm diameter), pour the biscuit mixture inside. Press well using the back side of a spoon and bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Let it cool.
Beat the fresh Arla® cream cheese, the chopped herbs olive oil and pepper, until well mixed and spread over the rusk base.
Add the onion with a little bit of water in a pan to soften. When all of the water is absorbed, add olive oil and the cherry tomatoes. Add some salt and sauté for 3 minutes, shaking the pan often. At the end, add the grape syrup, stir and take off heat. Let the glazed cherry tomatoes to cool down. To serve, take the cheesecake out of the cake tin and garnish with the cherry tomatoes and some thinly chopped basil.