Arla’s Board of Directors welcomes three new members
- Read time:
- 1 min
- 25 May 2022
- Press contact
Today, the Board of Representatives elected the Board of Directors for the coming two years. Three new members joined the Board of Directors. The Chairman and the Vice Chairman were re-elected. Two external advisors were appointed as ordinary members of the Board of Directors.
The election took place at Arla’s Board of Representatives meeting in Copenhagen. This year, three new members including two employee representatives joined the Board of Directors for 2022-2024. Arla’s Board of Directors consists of 14 farmer owners, who are elected by the Board of Representatives.
The Swedish members elected Daniel Halmsjö as a new Board member and will replace Jonas Carlgren.
As Central Europe has had a temporary extra seat since the mergers with MuH and Walhorn, only two BoD members from Central Europe were elected. Consequently, Walter Lausen stepped down from the Board of Directors.
Arla employees are represented on the Board by three members, who are elected by Arla’s European Works Council. The Board of Representatives decided to appoint two external BoD advisors, Nana Bule and Florence Rollet, to become ordinary BoD members and thereby, have the same influence including the right to vote.
Arla Foods’ Board of Directors for 2022-2024:
- Chairman, Jan Toft Nørgaard, Denmark, Board member since 1998, Chairman since 2018.
- Vice Chairman, Manfred Graff, Germany, Board member since 2012, Vice Chairman since 2021.
- Arthur Fearnall, UK, Board member since 2017.
- Marcel Goffinet, Belgium, Board member since 2019.
- Daniel Halmsjö, Sweden, Board member since 2022.
- Bjørn Jepsen, Denmark, Board member since 2011.
- Jørn Kjær Madsen, Denmark, Board member since 2019.
- Gustav Kämpe, Sweden, Board member since 2021.
- René Lund Hansen, Denmark, Board member since 2019.
- Steen Nørgaard Madsen, Denmark, Board member since 2005.
- Johnnie Russell, UK, Board member since 2012.
- Simon Simonsen, Denmark, Board member since 2017.
- Inger-Lise Sjöström, Sweden, Board member since 2017.
- Marita Wolf, Sweden, Board member since 2021.
- Nana Bule, Denmark, Board member since 2022. External advisor since 2019.
- Florence Rollet, France, Board member since 2022. External advisor since 2019.
- Employee representative, Grant Cathcart, UK, Board member since 2022.
- Employee representative, Ib Bjerglund Nielsen, Denmark, Board member since 2013.
- Employee representative, Anders Olsson, Sweden, Board member since 2022.
Arla Foods is an international dairy company owned by more than 8,400 farmers from Denmark, Sweden, the UK, Germany, Belgium, Luxembourg and the Netherlands. Arla Foods is one of the leading players in the international dairy arena with well-known brands like Arla®, Lurpak®, Puck® and Castello®. Arla Foods is focused on providing good dairy nourishment from sustainable farming and operations and is also the world's largest manufacturer of organic dairy products.