Green light for Arla Foods Artis in Russia

Read time:
1 min
Published:
11 October 2007
Contacts:
Press contact

Arla Foods Artis has been approved by the Russian competition authorities.

The positive message was followed up by a meeting between Arla Foods and its partner, Mikhail Lyasko, in St. Petersburg on October 9 when the final documents were signed. Consequently, the new Russian company, Arla Foods Artis LLC, is now established and can start marketing cheese and butter.

“Russia is an exciting market, which is experiencing very rapid economic development,” says Max Sørensen, who is responsible for Arla Foods’ business in Eastern Europe. “We see long-term potential in our joint company and will now begin to grow the business and get an even better insight into our customers and the Russian consumers’ requirements.”

Arla Foods Artis LLC, which is 75 per cent owned by Arla Foods and employ a staff of 150, will be headquartered in St Petersburg with a substantial office in Moscow. Mikhail Lyasko, holds the remaining 25 per cent and will become the Managing Director of the new company.

See also Arla Foods establishes new joint venture in Russia.

Arla Foods is an international dairy company owned by 9,700 farmers from Denmark, Sweden, the UK, Germany, Belgium, Luxembourg and the Netherlands. Arla Foods is one of the leading players in the international dairy arena with well-known brands like Arla®, Lurpak®, Puck® and Castello®. Arla Foods is focused on providing good dairy nourishment from sustainable farming and operations and is also the world's largest manufacturer of organic dairy products.

Press contact

Arla Group Press Office
Arla Group Press Office (journalists/media only) pressoffice@arlafoods.com +4591310310
Åse Andersson
Åse Andersson Head of Media Press contact for Arla Foods in Denmark aasan@arlafoods.com +45 91 310 310 +45 89 38 10 00
Carina Østergaard
Carina Østergaard Corporate Communication Manager Press contact for Arla Foods International caoes@arlafoods.com +45 91 31 16 01 +45 89 38 10 00