Stronger position for speciality cheese

Read time:
1 min
Published:
28 June 2004
Contacts:
Press contact

Arla acquires a majority stake in the Swedish Kronost which imports and sells speciality cheese. Kronost becomes part of the wholly-owned Arla subsidiary Delimo in Denmark.

The aim of the deal is to develop and strengthen sales of speciality cheese in Sweden. Arla Foods in Sweden has sold its 25% stake in Kronost to Arla Foods’ Danish subsidiary, Delimo, which also imports and sells speciality cheese. At the same time, Delimo has acquired a further 26% of Kronost shares, thus bringing Arla Foods’ total shareholding to 51%. The deal is currently being examined by the Swedish competition authorities.

A leading role
Kronost will continue to operate in the Swedish market while Delimo operates in the Danish and Norwegian market. Delimo’s objective is to become the leading specialist within the field of desserts and speciality cheese in the Nordic area. Arla Foods is already the UK market leader for speciality cheese through HT Webb.

Arla Foods is an international dairy company owned by 9,700 farmers from Denmark, Sweden, the UK, Germany, Belgium, Luxembourg and the Netherlands. Arla Foods is one of the leading players in the international dairy arena with well-known brands like Arla®, Lurpak®, Puck® and Castello®. Arla Foods is focused on providing good dairy nourishment from sustainable farming and operations and is also the world's largest manufacturer of organic dairy products.

Press contact

Arla Group Press Office
Arla Group Press Office (journalists/media only) pressoffice@arlafoods.com +4591310310
Åse Andersson
Åse Andersson Head of Media Press contact for Arla Foods in Denmark aasan@arlafoods.com +45 91 310 310 +45 89 38 10 00
Carina Østergaard
Carina Østergaard Corporate Communication Manager Press contact for Arla Foods International caoes@arlafoods.com +45 91 31 16 01 +45 89 38 10 00