EU approval for packaging partnership

Read time:
1 min
Published:
05 September 2002
Contacts:
Press contact

EU competition authorities have approved a joint partnership for flexible packaging between the Arla Foods’ owned packaging group Danapak A/S and the Austrian Teich Aktiengesellschaft.

The new company which will be known as Danapak Flexibles A/S is the result of the merger between the existing Danapak Flexibel A/S and the two Teich-owned companies Teich Flexibles Ltd. in the UK and Corona Packaging A/S in Denmark.

Danapak Flexibel operates factories in Slagelse and Horsens and has a sales office and a development department in Odense, Denmark. Teich Flexibles has factories in Derby in England and Dundee in Scotland. Corona operates a production plant in Ishøj outside Copenhagen.

The new company will be headquartered in Odense and the majority of the existing activities will be transferred to the new company. Consequently, Danapak A/S will transfer its present head office from Odense to the carton factory in Korsør. Teich AG will have a 60 % stake in the new company. Danapak A/S will own the remaining 40%.

With a turnover of approximately DKK 800 million and 475 employees, the new company will be one of Northern Europe’s largest manufacturers of flexible packaging.

Read more at www.danapak.dk

Arla Foods is an international dairy company owned by 9,700 farmers from Denmark, Sweden, the UK, Germany, Belgium, Luxembourg and the Netherlands. Arla Foods is one of the leading players in the international dairy arena with well-known brands like Arla®, Lurpak®, Puck® and Castello®. Arla Foods is focused on providing good dairy nourishment from sustainable farming and operations and is also the world's largest manufacturer of organic dairy products.

Press contact

Arla Group Press Office
Arla Group Press Office (journalists/media only) pressoffice@arlafoods.com +4591310310
Åse Andersson
Åse Andersson Head of Media Press contact for Arla Foods in Denmark aasan@arlafoods.com +45 91 310 310 +45 89 38 10 00
Carina Østergaard
Carina Østergaard Corporate Communication Manager Press contact for Arla Foods International caoes@arlafoods.com +45 91 31 16 01 +45 89 38 10 00