Would you like a key role in driving the continual improvement of our energy and water reduction programmes? Do you have the leadership skills to implement new solutions across our production sites? Then this position will give you the opportunity to excel as our new Utilities & Energy Manager as we create the future of dairy.
What is the job?
Working in our global Environment Health and Safety function, you will be accountable for driving the Utilities & Energy optimisation efforts within in Sweden. You will bring your subject matter expertise to Arla Foods and coordinate identifying and sharing good practice across countries and product categories.
Key responsibilities include:
- The continued development of a central energy and water continual improvement catalogue and implementation roadmap, focused on performance improvement but also cost reductions where possible.
- Managing the development of utility metering and monitoring systems, to ensure effectiveness in relation to our targets of reducing energy consumption. This naturally leads you to work closely with colleagues in the promotion of awareness of energy usage.
- Develop high standards to ensure compliance and to maximise efficiency of our key equipment, for example gas boilers, CHP, biomass boilers, heating systems, solar PV and wind turbine generators)
- Work with our production sites in developing a competency development programme targeting energy and water reduction.
- Working closely with a range of colleagues, from our Procurement and Finance functions about energy and water forecasts, to our country Environment Managers, QESH Managers and local engineering/maintenance teams.
- Close collaboration with external consultants and suppliers of our utilities and energy providers, in order to ensure compliance and best value for money.
- Ensuring close cohesion between production sites and central functions.
Who are you?
Ideally degree educated in an Environmental or relevant Engineering field, you will bring sound knowledge and experience of working within energy and utilities in a food manufacturing or processing environment. You will be able to operate at both strategically and operationally with strong influencing and networking skills required to impact a large matrix organisation.
You will, have knowledge and understanding of management systems (e.g. ISO14001/50001) with the ability to drive continuous improvements and cost savings across all utility areas. This position will require travel both within Sweden and in also to our other production sites in the UK, Denmark and Germany. Where you reside is of less importance but the flexibility to travel is key.
Finally, you must be fluent in English and Swedish both written and spoken.
Please apply via this link