Are you passionate about User Experience Design and do you want to help us improve our solutions and processes? Well, we’re looking for someone exactly like you to join our fantastic organisation.
Welcome to Global Shared Services in Gdansk
Arla is a global farmer-owned organisation that is behind many well-known and loved brands, including Arla Apetina®, Castello®, Lurpak® and many, many more.
As a User Experience Designer, you become a part of our Global Shared Services in Gdansk. Here, you won’t find factory machines or farmers. Instead, you will join over 400 colleagues dedicated to supporting all of Arla with IT, HR, financial and procurement operations. Joining us, you will take part in our mission to make a real difference for colleagues near and far.
With over 10 years of existence in Gdansk, we offer you a lot of knowledge and the opportunity to partake in challenging and exciting innovation projects. As a part of the Arla organisation, you will also enjoy a Scandinavian, collaborative work culture. We are all on first name terms with each other, and we truly appreciate diversity and individuality.
Highly skilled and value-driven user experience designer who thinks of the user first
You will be a key player in the organization, where you will collaborate closely with a various set of stakeholders. Specially end users, but also business change managers, product owners, specialist, developers, and other colleagues, with the common goal; to create best in-class user experiences.
In this role, you will among other things:
- Join our UX team, where you will share your knowledge and spare with your new user experience colleagues.
- Work across and within large project units that deliver tools to the whole value chain in Arla.
- Apply your UX skillset, such as conducting user- and usability tests, sketching, define information architecture, create mockups, wireframes and prototypes, define flows, collect insights through user research, and data visualization.
- Transform insights into actionable recommendations for the stakeholder.
- Be able to crunch data and use it for validating user behavior, needs, optimizing and more.
- Facilitate workshops with users and key business representatives.
- Help institutionalize UX at all levels and set direction in the organization.
- You have a strong understanding of usability and user-centered design principles, and naturally see things from a user perspective.
- You also know that transforming user insights into valuable deliverables is a key to success.
- You know best practices in different contexts, and can guide others in applying them when needed.
- You are able to communicate on all levels in the organization, and find it naturally to do so.
- You are driven and excited by challenges and changes, and have the courage to challenge the ‘as-is’.
- You have an interest in new technologies and methodologies, and isn’t afraid of trying out new things.
Skillset and experience
- Preferably, your theoretical insight derives from a Master’s degree within design, interaction design, human factors engineering, psychology, communication or similar.
- You have a strong portfolio working in User Experience a number of years – a portfolio you can document and demonstrate.
- You know how to work with and visualize data according to user needs.
- You possess a good IT understanding, allowing you to engage in dialogue with your IT colleagues.
- You know how to facilitate workshops and train other colleagues in simple UX principles and methods.
- You have excellent presentation abilities - both verbally and visually
- You find yourself comfortable in an Agile setup and know your way around in an Agile organization.
- You are highly skilled in Balsamiq and Adobe XD (or similar).
- You have excellent skills within the Microsoft Office suite such as Word, Excel, and especially Power Point.
- You have experience with “data” tools such as Power BI and Google Analytics, but it is not a requirement.
- It is a requirement that you speak and write English effortlessly.
Note, that you will be located at our office in Gdańsk and the role will take you travelling 15-20 days a year.
What do we offer?
- Work in an international team & matrix structure
- Friendly atmosphere & comfortable work place (Neptun office in Gdańsk Wrzeszcz)
- Relocation package
- Medical care & life insurance
- Additional benefits like gym card, vouchers, travel points or cinema tickets, etc.
- Fruit Wednesdays
- Development possibilities while taking part in internal projects
- Events, integration, like Summer or Xmas Party Chill out rooms with Xbox and the best coffee in the office
Are you interested?
We are a farmer-owned Scandinavian company that values trust, collaboration and initiative. You will therefore have the opportunity to share your own ideas and try new things on your own, and of course you will have plenty of development opportunities.
In IT Solutions, we support the business and our farmers through great and loveable IT solutions. Help us create these and make a difference, as we create the future of dairy.
Read more about Arla Global Shared Services
Global Shared Services consists of multiple functions that are all placed in the Neptun building in Gdansk – with colourful offices and a beautiful sea view.
As of now, we have an IT Operations and an IT Solutions division dedicated to SAP as well as a variety of app development and implementation projects. Our procurement and finance functions support a wide array of processes such as purchasing, distribution and sales globally.
We also have a dedicated HR operations division to ensure we attract, develop and retain the very best of talent around the world.
Together, we are all dedicated to one collective mission: ensuring an optimal global supply of fresh Arla products – every single day.
Please apply via this link