We are currently looking to recruit a Transport Scheduling Manager to join our Scheduling team. In this role you would be based at our head office in Leeds and would report to the Scheduling Team Leader.
As Transport Scheduling Manager you will manage the daily central planning hub activity and delivery of all associated KPI’s. Your key objective will be to optimise the utilisation of national transport resources and provide target levels of service to our customers and operational stakeholders.
Core activities in the role will include:
- The effective management, communication and release of daily central distribution plans to all distribution and dispatch operations
- Ensuring the delivery of a daily CUK transport plan that meets both the needs of target service levels and operational efficiencies
- Establishing clear and effective two way lines of communication with key plan stakeholders
- Facilitating daily and weekly efficiency reviews with planning peers to identify areas of improvement through KPI and performance analysis
- Driving developments to refine plans through super user status for distribution route scheduling and optimisation system and supporting technologies
- Consistently delivering all required support for the Central Planning operation
- Overseeing effective daily hand-overs at both ends of shifts – Shift Leads will direct activity requirement for shift
Some of the key responsibilities will include:
- Creating and releasing daily distribution schedules, which deliver customer service level requirements with the most efficient and cost effective solutions
- Day to day communication with Distribution and Despatch Operations on plan release, ad-hoc resource requirements, changes and planning issues to be resolved
- Daily review of schedule efficiencies against functional and shared distribution core KPI targets
- Weekly compilation of planning KPI reports encompassing all Centrally Planned elements.
- Maintenance of service level agreements and ways of working with key stakeholders. Primarily with Distribution Operations, Despatch Operations, Central Customer Services and Central Production Planning
- Consistent analysis of daily and weekly inefficiencies within schedules. Implementation of alternative solutions to improve – Strategic assessment
- Maintenance of scheduling system master data and control processes
- Effective use of central forecasting data to obtain views on short term uplifts to base volumes and communication to respective stakeholders on associated resource requirements.
- Supporting out of hours requirement for all Central Planning activity including Reload, Intersite, Pallet and DD Milk Transport operations
- Planning and Releasing all orders that are available during the hours of 06:00 - 18:00
- Supporting and implementing key business and customer change activity as and when required
The successful candidate will typically have experience of working in a similar role within Logistics/ Distribution Planning. You will be comfortable using a range of scheduling software models such as Paragon, Ortec, CAST. In addition you will also have good system technical capabilities in SAP and Excel. With strong analytical skills you will also be able to motivate yourself and others in order to achieve challenging targets.
The closing date for this role is 27th June. To apply please click here