Arla Foods are looking for a Technical Manager to join the senior management team at our Dairy manufacturing site in Taw Valley. Situated in West Devon, Taw Valley produces award winning cheeses for our retail customers and the Technical manager will be responsible for all Quality, Environmental and Health & Safety (QESH) matters.
Reporting into the Site Director, you will manage a team, which includes a QESH Team Leader, quality, system, and EHS co-ordinators, and the site shop team. You will be responsible for developing the QEHS function, ensuring it is aligned to Arla's vision and strategy.
The successful candidate will need to possess exceptional leadership skills as well as an ability to build relationships with a variety of stakeholders. You will need to lead and drive QESH standards and improvements throughout the site and instil a culture of continuous improvements to improve year on year performance.
Key responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- To Lead the development of a QEHS culture within the site
- To develop QESH improvement plans with the senior team to focus on the delivery of QESH KPI improvements which are aligned to Technical/Operational strategic objectives and specific retailer requirements.
- Ensure the site complies with all standards and policies including legislation and customer requirements across all aspects of QESH, ensuring the site is always audit ready.
- Work with the site to deliver audit compliance, complaints reduction plans, GMP improvements, and QESH improvement initiatives.
- Act as site lead and representative with external bodies such as the Environment Agency and HSE
- Develop the site HACCP team to ensure the system is reviewed, implemented, and complied with.
- Taking the lead in developing a behavioural safety mindset
- Handling and resolving customer/site related QEHS issues. Provide support for operational issues.
- Identification and delivery of continuous improvement opportunities to improve the QESH systems and site performance.
- Managing the QEHS budget
- Performance management and reporting of all staff within the team, including their training, coaching, career development and recruitment
- Taking the lead in group QEHS activities such as audits and projects in order to maintain all site accreditations and certifications.
Candidates should be educated to degree level in Food Science or equivalent, with a proven track record as a Technical / QEHS Manager in a Food or Beverage environment. You will have excellent people management skills and the ability to lead, coach and develop your team to meet personal and business objectives. You must be confident to challenge at all levels across the management team and have relevant audit experience i.e. BRC, ISO14001 and retailer standards. Dairy experience would be an advantage but is not a necessity.
Excellent communication and influencing skills are essential, as is resilience and proactivity in a fast-moving environment. You will have strong relationship building skills; internally with the teams on site, with the internal Arla Technical community, and external bodies and customers.
On offer is a competitive salary and benefits package along with the opportunity to work for a forward thinking, progressive global organisation that recognises and rewards talent.
Please apply online as soon as possible.
Please apply via this link.