Do you want to work in a dynamic pilot plant environment, working with processes in relation to milk and whey processing? Do you want to be in the center of developing our outstanding pilot plant facilities supporting the projects with the needed trials and continuously develop our pilot plant team? Then this is a fantastic opportunity for you.
About the job
Your new work place will be at the R&D centre in Nr. Vium – where approx. 60 people are employed (technicians and scientists). R&D has impressive pilot plant and laboratory facilities and is currently in the process of building a new R&D centre to get more space and develop even further. The R&D department has a great working atmosphere where cross organizational working relationships are important.
Join an experienced team
- You will be employed in the “R&D Deploy - Pilot Plant” and your team consists of 9 dairy/food technicians
- Your new team has a lot of experience in several areas of dairy technology, such as membrane filtration, drying, hydrolysis and heat treatment
- Coordination, knowledge sharing and technical discussions with colleagues is part of the daily work
- Your main responsibility will be to manage our pilot plant and ensure that it is performing at its best - in all aspects and at all times.
- Responsible for planning and coordinating trials on a weekly basis together with our highly skilled pilot technicians and scientists
- Direct manager for the pilot team
- Responsible for the process of designing and ordering new equipment
- Responsible for maintenance of our facilities and supplies in pilot plant
- Responsible for developing our pilot plant facilities in the setup and in ways of working
- Contribute to the set up in our new Innovation centre in Nr. Vium, which will be ready in 2021
As a manager for the pilot plant you will have central role in the cooperation with Danmark Protein, which is our main raw material supplier, and external suppliers of product and equipment. You will be involved in QA, our certification process, work environment and you will contribute to research and innovation projects. In our pilot plant we also have our Pilot Plant Production team that you will also work closely with.
Who are you?
You could be a Bachelor of Technology and Engineering (“Maskinmester”) or a Dairy Technician. You could have a MSc degree or similar in dairy science, food science, or you have acquired similar knowhow. You have several of the following competencies:
- Experience as manager
- Good coordination skills
- Experience with typical unit operation for dairy/chemical processing
- Experience with membrane filtration of milk and whey (MF, UF, NF, RO and others)
- Some experience with project management
- Preferably experience with designing and buying new pilot equipment
- Preferably experience with working in a pilot plant or a food production environment
You have an outgoing and open-minded personality and you like to work both independently and in a team. The work environment is international with several different nationalities and being able to communicate in English is mandatory.
The job requires that you thrive in being part of the pilot plant and that you like to be “hands on” handling requests and questions daily.
Application and contact
Applications will be processed as they are received, so please send your application as soon as possible. For additional information, you are welcome to call Senior R&D Manager Bente Mikkelsen on +45 7217 7891.
Please apply via this LINK.