Arla Foods is a future-oriented dairy cooperative owned by about 12,000 farmers from Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the United Kingdom, Belgium, Luxembourg and the Netherlands. Arla products are sold under well-known brand names such as Arla®, Lurpak® and Castello® in more than 100 countries around the world. Arla has production plants in twelve countries and sales subsidiaries in 30 countries.
We are looking for a Supply Chain Manager for Arla Senegal S.A.
Qualifications: HND/BSc in Supply Chain or Business Administration related courses
Years of experience: Minimum of 3 years of experience of logistics management
Other Skills: High level of computer skills; Ability to work under pressure and to tight schedules; Strong organizational and administration skills; Strong track record of negotiating logistics terms
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES
- Collaborate with other departments to integrate logistics with business systems/processes such as: customer sales, order management, accounting, shipping
- Ensuring the integrity of import/export (EXIM) documentation such as Bills of lading, GSP certificate.
- Monitor EXIM processes to ensure compliance with regulatory/legal requirements
- Maintain metrics, reports, process documentation, customer service logs, training and
- safety record
- Direct inbound/outbound logistics operations such as: transportation/warehouse activities
- Negotiate with suppliers/customers to improve supply chain (SC) efficiency and sustainability
- Timely preparation of import documentation and authorization for HMRC for all air and
- Negotiate transportation rates and services
- Recommend optimal transportation modes, routing, equipment and frequency
- Plan and implement improvements to internal/external logistics systems/processes
- Communicate freight transportation information to customers/suppliers using
- Transportation management
- Electronic logistics marketplace
- Electronic freight information system (EFIS) to improve efficiency, speed and quality of
- Transportation services
- Ensure carrier compliance with Company Policies and Procedures for production transit/
- Verification of all freight invoices
- Maintenance of records
- Procurement operations
- Purchasing and managing of inventories by creating and placing purchase orders with the
- appropriate vendors, track them, sign off when supplies arrive
- Negotiate with contractors on supplies
- Preparing and maintaining of delivery schedule and communicating to all relevant departments
- Deliver against departmental KPIs
- Maintain client relationships
- Any other reasonable duties which may be required by management from time to time
SPECIFIC TARGETS / OBJECTIVES
Responsible for the day to day management of the logistics function, ensuring cost effectiveness and timely management of carriage, using approved vendors for Imports and Exports
Are you interested?
Please apply via this LINK.