Do you want to use your technical expertise to take our Supplier Assurance capabilities to the next level? Do you have what it takes to align and communicate Arla Foods’ quality, food safety and ingredients demands to our suppliers, working closely with procurement, new product development and production departments? As a Supplier Assurance Manager, you will work with a broad range of stakeholders to drive strategic development of our suppliers in accordance with our business plan.
Based at our UK head office just outside Leeds and become part of a corporate center which provides specialist support and advice to all our business units and product categories. As part of a team of 14, you will drive the ingredient and supplier compliance agenda in close collaboration with Procurement, New Product Development and our dairies.
What is the job?
As a Supplier Assurance Manager, you will support the business by ensuring compliant ingredient specification and suppliers, within your range of ingredient categories. You will build up ingredient category insights, which you will actively use in the strategic development of key suppliers in relation to quality and food safety aspects.
A key part of the job is the approval of ingredient suppliers and their ingredient specifications, setting standards in a dynamic and ambitious cross functional environment. It is important to support our sites/dairies by having structured and high data quality in the documentation you review and approve.
More specifically, it will be your task to:
- Be the Ingredient category specialist, providing insight of the ingredient categories to support Arla sites, Procurement and Product Development functions. This includes knowing key risks and impacts of the ingredients, also in relation to use in applications.
- Support Procurement tenders in relation to mapping relevant risks and demands, as well as ensuring updated ingredient specifications and approved suppliers
- Use your technical or product development expertise to build strong relationships with our NPD teams, acting as both a support function but also a specialist and strategic adviser.
- Perform approval and review of suppliers of packaging and selected service categories from a food safety perspective.
- Provide ad hoc support to our dairies eg. in audit situations
- Lead or support our setups and projects within specialist areas of eg. food fraud, allergens, microbiology
- Handle ad hoc tasks such as support for crisis management and food safety issues
Who are you?
We are looking for a candidate with a deep product insight from the dairy or food ingredient industry. You have a global mindset and the capabilities to drive ingredient category management from a QEHS perspective and take it to the next level, delivering clear, impactful messages to all levels in the organization.
- You hold a degree in food science, chemistry, or similar field within food safety and technology and have experience from working in a large food or dairy company
- Ideally, you have experience with approval of food products or raw materials in relation to food quality and safety, and are used to close collaboration with product development, production or procurement
- You are proficient in relevant food legislations and food safety standards, and are motivated to get even deeper into these topics
- You must be motivated for and skilled in delivering back office support to the business, as well as being a technical lead in our strategic development objectives
- You have a track record in delivering according to time plan in a structured, well documented and clear communicated way
- You are driven by finding great solutions in a cross functional, international environment with potential diverting agendas, but with the ability to be firm and say ‘no’ when required
- You are motivated by change and want to contribute to the further development of the Supplier Assurance areas in close collaboration with your colleagues
Application & Contact
Please apply online as soon as possible but before 27th October. First interviews will be held in Leeds on 5th / 6th and 7th November and 2nd interviews w/c 11th November.
Please apply via link