At Arla, we do so much more than make some of the world’s favourite dairy products. We make healthy taste delicious, mornings worth getting up for & family dinners unforgettable. Cravendale®, Anchor®, Lurpak® & Tickler® – names like these make us a vital, natural part of modern life in over 100 countries around the world. We are 4,000 UK & 19,000 global employees at the heart of it. Every single one of us plays an important role & together we build on our 10bn Euros turnover & establish our position as one of the largest dairy companies in the world.
We currently have an opportunity for a Site Director responsible for our Taw Valley & Trevarrian sites
- Taw Valley (Devon) employs around 120 people, producing both branded & own label award winning Cheese, Whey, Cream & Butter
- Trevarrian (North Cornwall) employs c.50 people, producing both branded & own label award winning Brie & Camembert.
The role will report to the Vice President for UK Production & will be the Site Leader responsible for leading the management team in developing & implementing the site business plan & contributing to the delivery of Arla Foods business goals.
Key responsibilities involve improving efficiencies through continuous improvement & enhanced performance in line with the company's strategy & key performance indicators. The individual will have full accountability for the site P&L & work closely with the other 8 UK sites to ensure best practice is shared. The ability to develop people, identify talent & succession plan will be fundamental. As Taw Valley & Trevarrian will be operated under a single Site Director for the first time, a key activity will be structuring the sites to maximise operational performance & utilise synergies.
The main responsibilities for this role are:
- Lead, coach, manage & develop the site management team & progress talent
- Communicate & deliver business goals through the site management team, prioritising goals & activities as necessary
- Develop & manage site budgets
- Lead & drive change using a structured approach
- Ensure compliance with company, customer & legal standards
- Participate in developing broader Supply Chain business plans
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders, including a by-product Joint Venture at Taw Valley
- Develop the site CAPEX proposal with demonstrated ROI analysis
Suitable applicants will ideally be degree qualified with proven experience gained as a successful manufacturing Operations Director or equivalent. The successful candidate will have proven experience in managing people & change within an FMCG environment & will have the ability to communicate effectively at all levels. A background in Dairy or fast paced Food manufacturing is essential.
Please apply via this LINK