Join our Transport team as an Shunter at Hatfield
About the job
As our new Shunter, it will be your responsibility to ensure that our products can be accurately delivered to our customers on time. You will be part of a high-performance team both delivering and supporting other functions to meet challenging team and personal goals.
You will primarily be expected to:
- Controlling, managing and monitoring fuel stocks.
- Managing the transport operation over shift cycles ensuring in-house requirements and customer service levels are achieved.
- Maintaining and taking responsibility for current administrative systems.
- Ensuring Health and Safety regulations are complied with, in line with transport legislation.
- Ensuring all vehicles are maintained to a high standard and prepared for all outbound deliveries.
- Planning, organizing and ensuring vehicle availability according to site requirements.
- Assisting with the training of existing and new operating procedures.
- Ability to lead and motivate a team effectively and efficiently, and be a primary contact for Transport supervisors.
- To cover and assist the shift manager in the day to day operation
You will be responsible to perform a Tug pre shift check and ensure all faults are reported immediately. It’s a fast-paced site and the role will involve working on a 4 on 4 off shift basis night position 19:00 – 07:00.
Who are you?
- A motivated team player, who can work on their own initiative and knows about supply chain processes and sticking to health and safety rules
- It’s vital you can understand and read all signage, and are able to communicate well as our sites run on teamwork
- You’re as serious about quality as we are - and ready to work hard to achieve it
- You’ll be a strong performer with a good attendance record and a willingness to learn further skills
- Class 1 License essential.
If this sounds like you, you could be just what we are looking for to help drive and deliver our ambitious growth agenda.
Grow with Arla
…because we’re committed to professional development, training and promoting from within. Our positive and collaborative culture will bring out the best in you. And you’ll join a market leader who produces nutritious household-favourite brands in a way that makes things better for our customers, the farmers who own us, and the whole world.
Application and contact
If this position sounds like the right opportunity for you, please apply via the link below.
As we review applications on an ongoing basis and hire as soon as the right candidate has been selected, we kindly ask you to apply as soon as possible.
Please apply via this LINK.