At Arla, we do so much more than make some of the world’s favourite dairy products. We make healthy taste delicious, mornings worth getting up for and family dinners unforgettable. Arla®, Castello® and Lurpak® – brands like these make us a vital, natural part of modern life in over 100 countries around the world.
It is our goal to be at the forefront of dairy product development and match consumer needs worldwide. Right now, we are launching more and more products, and the ability to contribute with original ideas and products for the consumers is more crucial than ever. The Sensory & Consumer Science team is part of the Consumer and Product Design group, based in Arla’s new Innovation Centre. You will join a team of 9 colleagues (DK, SE and NL). Based in Aarhus, you will be involved in local and global projects.You develop the area of sensory science
You will be responsible for delivering actionable sensory insights and recommendations for marketing and innovation colleagues. To be a success, you lead research projects, select and use the right research methods to create value, and communicate results to stakeholders. You will conduct projects in an efficient and cost-effective manner and adhere to project requirements and our procedures and quality standards. In detail, you will:
- Define and scope the sensory research
- Analyse and interpret results to obtain actionable insights
- Prepare timely reports and presentations to the stakeholders
- Drive constant improvement of the sensory expertise, especially flavour description towards excellence
- Develop new ways of integrating sensory and consumer research and implement best practices, providing thought leadership on the application of established sensory methods as well as leading edge approaches. Convert findings into business opportunities for Arla Foods.
- Develop the sensory acumen of the M&I community so that sensory properties are addressed as key from prototyping to target briefs and into consumer product testing, and communication.
- Work with outside organisations, suppliers and universities to bring the latest methods to the company and establish our sensory and consumer science team as leader in the industry. Create and maintain networks within product/business areas, suppliers, universities and other contacts within and outside Arla foods.
You will be a key contact for different parts of the business and have an important role developing the area of sensory science and the supporting methods.University degree and experience as sensory expert
You hold a relevant university degree, preferably a PhD with sensory specialisation. You have a strong interest in applied sensory science with at least 3 years of experience from working with FMCG industry. Furthermore, you are a foodie, known for your interest in food, flavours, mouthfeel and taste and have a large vocabulary for describing food experiences. At last you have project management experience in a large organisation and you are an excellent communicator across functions and cultures. Excellent in English is required and it’s a must to have an interest in learning/understanding Danish.
You have experience within standard as well as advanced sensory methods, including strong data analytical skills in univariate and multivariate analyses. Furthermore, you must have knowledge of Fizz, EyeQuestion, XLSTAT or similar.
As a person you are emphatic, thorough and have an open and positive attitude.
- Execution focused through systematic problem solving and decision-making.
- You are a good team-player, able to inspire others
Please apply no later than 31th of May 2018. For additional information, please call Lisbet Bjerre Knudsen at +45 8938 1388.