Do you want to use your specialist expertise to work with electrodialysis processes in relation to milk and whey processing? And are you ready to drive our overall strategy within electrodialysis? Then, come join Arla Foods Ingredients (AFI) in R&D Deploy - Process Improvements Department where we are currently 8 scientists. AFI is an independent company within the Arla Foods Group and a global leader in natural whey ingredients for many different categories including bakery, beverages, dairy, infant and sport nutrition. One of the cornerstones in our business is our dedicated experts that develop solutions with our functional and nutritional whey proteins, milk minerals, lactose and permeate.
You will join a team where your colleagues have extensive experience in several areas of dairy technology such as membrane filtration, drying, heat treatment, crystallization and evaporation. The main tasks of the Process Improvement Department are: execution of supply chain projects, technical support to supply chain and joint ventures, scale-up, pilot plant trials and unit operations, competence center on separation processes and technical assistance to NPD projects.
Electrodialysis Senior Scientist – projects and tasks
Your first task will be to support the startup of a new ED process that is being installed as part of a major strategic project. You will be the expert doing the high-level troubleshooting & optimisation of the electrodialysis process and operator training.
Experienced Electrodialysis Senior Scientist
You are an engineer in food science, chemistry, dairy science, or you have acquired similar knowhow. You have:
- Several years of experience with operation of electrodialysis plants
- In-depth technical knowledge about the chemical/physical processes in electrodialysis
- Hands on experience with trouble-shooting of electrodialysis processes
- Experience with mass and energy balances for electrodialysis processes
- Several years of experience from the dairy industry or similar (pharma industry or other)
Preferably you have experience in several of the below shown areas:
- Membrane filtration experience of milk and whey (MF, UF, NF, RO and others)
- Basic knowledge of milk proteins, fat, minerals and their characteristics
- Some experience with project management of technical projects
- Mass and energy balances for membrane processes (mathematical modelling)
- Process Simulation of membrane processes
On the personal side, you are characterized as an independent profile with power and authority to work in a dynamic organization. It takes a great deal of can-do attitude and the ability to engage in co-operation with a long range of stakeholders in and outside Arla Foods. You speak and write English at a high level.
Application and contact
Applications will be processed when they are received and interviews will be conducted on an ongoing basis. Therefore, please send your application as soon as possible. For additional information about the position, please call Senior R&D Manager Anders Dalberg on +45 7217 7921.
Please apply via this link