Arla make some of the world’s favourite dairy products. Arla, Bregott, KESO and Castello – brands like these make the company a vital, natural part of modern life in over 100 countries around the world.
With 19,000 employees, production facilities in 14 countries and sales offices in a further 20 countries, Arla develops, produces, markets, sells and distributes dairy products worldwide. It is the world's fourth largest dairy company, the world's largest producer of organic dairy products and the leader in sustainable and fossil free distribution. In Sweden, Arla Foods is the market leader in dairy and one of the main food production companies delivering to thousands of stores directly. Being a strong partner for customers is key to ensuring the business grows.
The Senior Sales Director ICA role is a unique opportunity to lead the business with Arla’s biggest global customer – c. 6 Billion SEK Revenue, including branded and Private Label products. The chosen individual will be responsible for building strategic senior relationships and delivering year on year targets whilst developing the team. The role reports to the VP of Sales and is a key member of the sales leadership team.
About the role
As our new Senior Sales Director, you will drive Arla Sweden’s growth. You will maximize Arla volume, revenue & returns for the Arla farmers under changing and challenging market conditions.
It is your job to deliver on your promises and get results. To do so, you head up a team of 6 direct reports, with additional multi-functional support including a dedicated finance manager. You coach and motivate them to perform at their very best to deliver outstanding performance.
Stepping into this role, you will:
- Develop and execute short and long term joint business plans with ICA
- Ensure that Arla is by far the #1 choice for ICA in the dairy and cheese categories – store by store and at HQ - by creating a solid strategic alignment with ICA.
- Constantly bring insights and plans that help build ICA’s categories with Arla produced products. Drive Arla branded and PL growth.
- Build strong relationships across the broad ICA network of stakeholders.
- Deliver price management program (eg. Price increases, price-promo plans)
- Secure long term own label contracts
- Secure internal alignment within Arla for plans to win with ICA.
- Develop the team and broader sales organsiation
- Coach customer team and cross functionally.
- Play a key leadership role for the sales function as part of the sales leadership team.
Who are you?
As a heavy hitter in sales, you have a strong track record building brands and an excellent flair for detecting and developing business opportunities. In addition, your CV reflects several years of leadership experience during which you have successfully captained a high-performing team of colleagues. You can navigate in a matrix organisation with a complex stakeholder landscape.
To facilitate this, you:
- Have a university degree in Business, Economics and/or other relevant field.
- Well documented, successful sales track-record within the FMCG industry or Swedish retail trade.
- Solid strategic and analytical skills.
- Proven track-record of strong leadership.
- Ability to work towards both long term and short-term goals.
- Demonstrated performance of managing high quality strategic change projects.
- Good interpersonal skills: Capable of building strong working relationships internally as well as externally
- A winning mind-set with the drive and determination to deliver change.
Application and contact
If you want to seize this exciting opportunity, please apply via this LINK 2019-06-28 at the latest. We are screening on an ongoing basis and the role will be filled as soon as we’ve found the right person. For additional information, please contact Vice President Sales, Jonathan Grant on +46727323693.
Please apply via this LINK