Do you have a strong Supply Chain background and do you want a role with high expectations and a broad exposure in our Supply Chain organization? Then this is the right job for you. We are currently looking to recruit a Senior Dairy Business Development Manager to join us at our head office in Århus. In this role you will report to the Head of International Production/Contract Manufacturing & JV’s and you will be providing strong management support and driving the Supply Chain Excellence (SCE) agenda across our sites outside Europe.
Driving change and performance
In this role you will predominantly work with the Head of International Production and the site Management teams at our dairies. You will also work closely with Product Management, Trading, Sales and Marketing as well as the individual markets Planning & Logistics’ functions. Within this role your key responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with generating business plans for the Contract Manufacturing & JV’s team
- Participating in target setting and performance reviews at sites, and helping to drive and challenge the site management team’s effort in Continuous Improvement (CI)
- Leading the CAPEX application process according to SCE model
- Leading and following up on the continuous improvement tool box in order to constantly update current site performance
- Acting as a role model in terms of Arla’s lean culture
- Securing strong cooperation towards trading and marketing and sales, e.g. NPD solutions
- Securing implementation of Arla standards across Supply Chain
- Clearly setting out the prioritisation, direction and commitment from the Supply Chain Excellence management team
- Providing strong management support to the Head of Contract Manufacturing & JV’s, such as:
- Coordination on defining Supply Chain business cases on new potential projects and Joint Venture targets
- Takes lead in identifying business opportunities and evaluating opportunities at International Supply Chain Sites
- Drive the implementation of the Global KPI reporting and process for the Joint Venture Sites
Travel will be significant and at least 50 days per year, as the sites are placed outside Europe, in countries such as China, USA, Russia, Bangladesh, Egypt, Senegal, Ivory Coast, Ghana, Nigeria and Saudi Arabia. You will, however, be able to plan your travel and the trips will be of shorter duration.
Strong technical background
To be successful in this role you will have a strong background in food science/dairy technology or engineering or you might have relevant work experience. You will be confident dealing with a range of senior stakeholders and you will also be able to relate to all different levels in our organisation. You can demonstrate experience of working with lean principles and continuous improvement projects and you have a natural focus on securing quality in our products and everything we do.
Application and contact
Please apply as soon as possible and no later than 15 June 2017. If you have any questions, you are welcome to call Head of International Production/Contract Manufacturing & JV’s René Fredgaard at + 45 89 38 12 60.
Please apply via this LINK.