Can you combine a keen logistics interest and solid commercial insights to create value for our dairies in a global market?
If so, this is your opportunity to join Arla’s Procurement team and be part of an exciting transformation journey and create value for our dairies globally. You will work out of Aarhus and report to our Procurement Director.
“As a member of the Ingredient Procurement team, you lead and engage the Procurement strategy development and implement the category together with your nearest internal stakeholders. You will be an active player in daily procurement activities and projects in a strategic, tactical and operational way, along with supporting the business on ad hoc tasks and analytic initiatives.” says Procurement Director Jan Glerup.
As our new Procurement Senior Category Manager you will be responsible for various ingredient and/or raw materials to our Dairies. Your main tasks and objectives is as following;
- Define and implement the sourcing strategies for ingredient and/or raw materials.
- Lead and support sourcing strategy for Innovation/New Product Development projects with your negotiation skills and ability to have a total overview of the supplier market.
- Develop and launch RFQs / RFPs (request for quotation/proposal) to select suppliers in targeted categories and countries.
- Facilitate and drive sourcing decisions through development and implementation of appropriate tools and processes.
- Analyze proposals and make recommendations to key internal stakeholders.
- Establish and develop optimal relationships with our suppliers, ensuring that they meet our high-quality standards and deliver timely solutions, products and deliver services at agreed prices.
- Negotiate contracts with preferred suppliers, lead contract ratification activities and assure that the suppliers meet their obligations.
- Ensure a high level of end-user satisfaction.
In addition, you have the ability to work closely together with your colleagues in Procurement, QEHS (quality, environment, health and safety department), our Dairies, Innovation and Marketing.
A successful candidate will have experience with Ingredients and raw materials and have a minimum of 3 years procurement experience. Your background covers a relevant education, preferable a commercial degree at Master’s level, supplemented with relevant experience from a similar procurement position. If you have technical and economical experience from projects that will be an advantage.
You take the initiative and responsibility for your own tasks, and are ready to make strategic decisions. Your outstanding personality and your ability to work independently, combined with your natural flair for communication enables you to co-operate across cultures with people from various backgrounds.
You are goal-oriented and persevere in your job. You thrive in a dynamic, international work environment, where objectives and priorities are under continuous development.
Lastly, you are fluent in written and spoken English.
Application and contact
Please apply as soon as possible and no later than 1st December 2019. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. For additional information, please contact Procurement Director Jan Glerup on +45 89 38 13 16.
Please apply via this link.