At Arla, we rely on a meticulous financial system to drive business forward. Currently we are looking for a P2P Senior Accountant, who fueled by his passion and dedication will contribute to the service and performance culture within P2P team.
Welcome to Global Shared Services in Gdansk
Arla is a global farmer-owned organisation that is behind many well-known and loved brands, including Arla Apetina®, Castello®, Lurpak® and many, many more.
As a Senior Accountant, you become a part of our Global Shared Services in Gdansk. Here, you won’t find factory machines or farmers. Instead, you will join over 400 colleagues dedicated to supporting all of Arla with IT, HR, financial and procurement operations. Joining us, you will take part in our mission to make a real difference for colleagues near and far.
With over 10 years of existence in Gdansk, we offer you a lot of knowledge and the opportunity to partake in challenging and exciting innovation projects. As a part of the Arla organisation, you will also enjoy a Scandinavian, collaborative work culture. We are all on first name terms with each other, and we truly appreciate diversity and individuality.
About the job
Our accounts payable (AP) department keeps that system running smoothly by managing cash flow, and paying vendors. We are searching for a skilled Senior Accountant to join our team to be part of the process, track, and record payments in an accurate, efficient, and timely manner. The accounts payable specialist will have both a day-to-day impact on financial transactions, keeping us on track, on time, and on good terms with our valued partners.
Specifically, you will:
- Verify and post PO and non-PO invoices in SAP in a timely manner and with the desired quality level
- Handle all discrepancies from the standard procedure as well as special, unique processes (utility, intercompany, etc.)
- Reconcile vendor accounts, balance sheet accounts, intercompany
- Consider and compare individual objectives to the team KPIs
- Support the company in optimizing our financial transactions and systems
- Strengthen and grow relationships with vendors through timely payment
- Ad-hoc reporting and escalations
Who are you?
You are a person who fulfil independently and without supervision assigned accounting activities with high quality. You are able to question status quo, eliminates wastes and addresses process gaps. As a Senior Accountant, you are perceiving quality as a team objective and make sure good practises are shared and issues addressed within all team members. Operational/internal controls area is known to you. You have an analytical skills and you are good in Excel to prepare risk/statistics analyses or reporting. You should also demonstrate best understanding of accounting principles and act in line with Arla’s character (lead/sense/create).
- Have approximately 3 years of experience, including at least 2 years in finance or accounting
- Have good Excel & Power Point knowledge (VBA/Power BI will be an advantage)Kknow accounting principles
- Have ability to work within tight operational deadlines and handle a number of tasks and priorities
- Have analytical skills
- Communicate effectively with both internal business partners of all levels and disciplines as well as external team members
- Speak English fluently
What do we offer?
- As a part of our team, you can expect from us:
- Relocation package
- Work in an international team in a matrix structure
- Friendly atmosphere & comfortable work place (Neptun office in Gdańsk Wrzeszcz)
- Medical care & life insurance
- Additional benefits like gym card, vouchers, travel points or cinema tickets, etc.
- Trainings with experts & professional induction in a new position
- Development possibilities while taking part in internal projects
- Chill out rooms with Xbox and the best coffee in the office
Application and contact
If you want to drive innovation and help your colleagues worldwide, then seize this exciting opportunity. Please apply via this LINK.
Read more about Arla Global Shared Services
Global Shared Services consists of multiple functions that are all placed in the Neptun building in Gdansk – with colourful offices and a beautiful sea view.
As of now, we have an IT Operations and an IT Solutions division dedicated to SAP as well as a variety of app development and implementation projects. Our procurement and finance functions support a wide array of processes such as purchasing, distribution and sales globally.
We also have a dedicated HR operations division to ensure we attract, develop and retain the very best of talent around the world.
Together, we are all dedicated to one collective mission: ensuring an optimal global supply of fresh Arla products – every single day.