At Arla, we do so much more than make some of the world’s favourite dairy products. We make special moments worth savouring and healthy tasty breakfasts worth waking up to. With brands like Arla Buko®, Kærgarden®, Arla Skyr ® and Castello® we are a natural part of modern life in over 100 countries around the world and a favourite in many German households.
In this role you act as interface between our Commercial and Supply Chain departments where you will be responsible for the entire Customer Logistics in Germany delivering a strong performance of our products from Production to Customer against ambitious targets in On-time-in-full (OTIF). As second part of this exciting role you will own the German Logistics Development and its complex project landscape; such as the relocation and extension of a distribution centre, optimization our distribution footprint and optimization of on-time-delivery at retail customers. You will report to the Senior Director of Logistics for Germany.
- Owns and furtherly develops maturing of logistics collaboration with AF’s main customers and has leadership responsibility for a skilled team of 5 Project Managers, Customer Logistics Managers and Logistic Coordinators
- Owns strong trustful working relationships with customers and manage the collaboration agenda for the German market, including coordinating and working on logistics projects for mutual benefits.
- Is responsible for establishing and development of collaboration routines with customers, incl. performance reviews, KPI review meetings and discussions on cooperation agenda.
- Understands and manages knowledge and understanding of customers’ systems, processes, KPIs and WOWs.
- Ensures high-level information about customers are fundamental basis of problem-solving, decision-making, and organisational action.
- Identifies critical connections and patterns in information/data across the supply chain.
- With commercial and Supply Chain colleagues, support and facilitate end-to-end Supply Chain reviews to identify bottlenecks plus potentials for cost savings across all categories.
- Drives continuous improvement of the delivery processes and – performance.
- Drives close cooperation with transport operations, planning functions, DCs and commercial departments, work with process tools etc. to contribute to continuous improvements within Logistics.
- University degree on B.Sc. or M.Sc. Level either with focus on Supply Chain or Business Administration
- Minimum 7 years of experience either within Supply Chain in a relevant role within the food or FMCG industry
- Alternatively you have been working within a Commercial function e. g. Sales, Category Management (Retail company) and gained experiences on customer’s business processes
- Is able to lead process optimization projects in cooperation with retail customers and suppliers
- Can demonstrate successful track record in driving initiatives improving the overall delivery performance and cost-to-serve.
- Has strong understanding of commercial operations
- Acts as an inspiring Leader with proven communication skills and masters German and English language at business level, as alignment and successful collaboration with customers are crucial for this role
Please apply under reference of your salary expectations and your earliest availability. For further information please contact Dennis Klein (HR Manager Talent Acquisition Central Europe) at +49 211 47231 207
Arla Foods is a company with equal opportunities for everyone regardless of age, race, gender or any other criteria that is not a professional qualification for an open position. Purely for reasons of readability we have chosen to create all our job postings in male format. We explicitly look forward to all applications regardless if the candidate is male, female, diverse and will also exclude any other criteria from our screening process that is not professional qualification.
Arla Foods Deutschland has chosen carefully selected external vendors (“Headhunter”) to work on specific roles and we hold long term working relationship with them. Arla Foods Deutschland is not seeking any new partners until further notice. Therefore we are asking you to refrain from any contact requests by phone, e-mail or in any other way towards any Arla Foods representatives. Please note that all candidate resumes that are send to us without a written and signed search assignment will be deemed made available free of costs.
Please apply via this link