Are you the knowledge expert on Microbiology and Industrial Risk Assessment which will take Arla Foods Ingredients R&D to the highest standard in the world with regards to Food Safety and Quality? Can you apply your microbiology knowledge to production processes of whey and milk based powder ingredients? Then join the Deploy Team at Arla Foods Ingredients’ (AFI) R&D department. Arla Foods Ingredients is an independent company within the Arla Foods Group and a global leader in natural whey ingredients for many different categories including bakery, beverages, dairy, infant and sport nutrition.
Key partner to various innovation projects
Based in Nr. Vium, Denmark, you will work among 60 innovators, research specialists and pilot plant technicians to “discover and deliver all the wonders whey can bring to people’s lives”. Your ongoing mission will be to support the development of new processes for dairy based ingredients in powder form, and scale up from pilot plant units through to production. Among your stakeholders, you will work closely with Supply Chain, Quality, and Microbiologists from the Arla Foods Innovation Centre.
Your responsibilities in your new job:
- Drive the Quality Strategy at AFI related to microbiology with the aim of going for the highest standard in the world - by being proactive in setting the agenda and seeking/implementing new solutions
- Responsible for building and developing the capabilities at R&D related to microbiology, industrial risk assessment and predictive modelling for pathogens and spoilage microorganisms
- Responsible for the microbiological evaluation of new products/processes which leads to products of high quality
- Act as one point of entry into R&D for microbiology challenges in processes and products in AFI internally (towards our quality, production, and commercial departments)
- Responsible for identifying and implementing scientific and technological developments within industrial risk assessment and convert the findings into usable solutions for AFI
- Proactively create network across AFI, with the Arla Foods Innovation Centre, suppliers and universities
You hold an MSc in food microbiology (or similar field), and:
- Have several years of experience from the industry, working with microbial risk assessment
- A strong knowledge base in molecular tools, microbial risk assessment and/or modelling in industrial processes
- A PhD degree would be an advantage, but it is not mandatory
- An understanding of processing, engineering and operations (e.g. membrane filtration, chromatography and dairy operations)
- Preferably experience in Open Innovation, and you have built your own network with research institutions and universities
- Have a solid “can-do” attitude and a natural interest and ability to engage in co-operation with a long range of stakeholders in and outside of Arla Foods
- You should be able to work independently but also in teams
- You are able to drive this area and come across as an independent person with gravitas in a dynamic organisation where no two days are alike
Application and contact
Applications will be processed as they are received, so please send your application as soon as possible. For additional information about the position, please call Senior R&D Manager Bente Østergaard Mikkelsen at +45 7217 7891.
Please apply via this LINK.