Do you want to be part of building a data foundation, enabling self-service analytics, data driven applications, advanced analytics and reporting for a global organisation? Then join our team of highly competent analytics developers and be part of creating the sustainable future of dairy.
Welcome to Global Shared Services in Gdansk
Arla is a global farmer-owned organisation that is behind many well-known and loved brands, including Arla Apetina®, Castello®, Lurpak® and many, many more.
As a Senior Data Engineer, you become a part of our Global Shared Services in Gdansk. Here, you won’t find factory machines or farmers. Instead, you will join over 400 colleagues dedicated to supporting all of Arla with IT, HR, financial and procurement operations. Joining us, you will take part in our mission to make a real difference for colleagues near and far.
With over 10 years of existence in Gdansk, we offer you a lot of knowledge and the opportunity to partake in challenging and exciting innovation projects. As a part of the Arla organisation, you will also enjoy a Scandinavian, collaborative work culture. We are all on first name terms with each other, and we truly appreciate diversity and individuality.
About the job
Analytics Power House team supports Europe’s largest Dairy, a wide range of products and the farmers who own Arla Foods through great IT solutions. As a Senior Data Engineer, you will work closely with our data scientists, architects, product owners and external stakeholders to build our future advanced analytics solutions. You will take the lead in several initiatives associated with securing data for analytics across the organisation including the enablement of Artificial intelligence, IOT Analytics and Advanced Predictive Analytics. Helping us to create these, you can be sure to make a real difference for the entire organisation, and your colleagues near and far.
- Being a key developer driving the enablement of data pipelines for analytics from IOT data collected across more than 60 sites in our supply chain
- Working with our logistics departments, commercial and commercial departments to bring new innovative data sources into our data foundation
- Developing and driving an efficient ETL processes so data becomes more available more quickly for analytics
- Contributing to building and maintaining our cloud solutions and data driven applications
- Becoming a lead within our data engineering technologies, where you will be expected to contribute to architecture and solution design
Who are you?
A technical leader who can own an initiative from conception to delivery engaging directly with the customers and stakeholders. Open and curious, identifying opportunities in newest technology trends and experimenting to find the best solutions. A collaborative team member who likes a highly dynamic and interactive approach to development. Able to negotiate ambiguity to deliver strong business outcomes.
Furthermore, you have:
- Experience with ETL
- Experience with Analytics and BI
- Experience in SQL Server designing and developing objects, tables, data models, stored procedures, scripting, views, triggers
- Experience working with cloud services, SQL Database and BLOB storage ideally in Microsoft Azure, Azure Data Factory, Azure Datalake, data bricks and Python
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
- Familiar with Agile principles and practices and the application of these in delivering products
- Experience in performing data-quality tasks (e.g. Master Data projects), such as standardizing, cleansing, merging, and harmonization
- Web UI / UX design skills – developing beautiful, easy to use customer facing systems
- Exposure in at least one reporting tool like Power BI
- Experience in .NET back end development
- Knowledge of SAP (BW and ECC)
What do we offer?
- Work in an international team & matrix structure
- Friendly atmosphere & comfortable work place (Neptun office in Gdańsk Wrzeszcz)
- Relocation package*
- Medical care & life insurance
- Additional benefits like gym card, vouchers, travel points or cinema tickets, etc.
- Fruit Wednesdays
- Trainings with experts & professional induction in a new position
- Development possibilities while taking part in internal projects
- Events, integration, like Summer or Xmas Party
- Chill out rooms with Xbox and the best coffee in the office
Application and contact
If you want to drive innovation and help your colleagues worldwide, then seize this exciting opportunity.
Please apply via this LINK.
Read more about Arla Global Shared Services
Global Shared Services consists of multiple functions that are all placed in the Neptun building in Gdansk – with colourful offices and a beautiful sea view.
As of now, we have an IT Operations and an IT Solutions division dedicated to SAP as well as a variety of app development and implementation projects. Our procurement and finance functions support a wide array of processes such as purchasing, distribution and sales globally.
We also have a dedicated HR operations division to ensure we attract, develop and retain the very best of talent around the world.
Together, we are all dedicated to one collective mission: ensuring an optimal global supply of fresh Arla products – every single day.