At Arla, we do so much more than make some of the world’s favourite dairy products. We make healthy taste delicious, mornings worth getting up for and family dinners unforgettable. Cravendale®, Anchor®, Lurpak® and Tickler® – names like these make us a vital, natural part of modern life in over 100 countries around the world. We are 4,000 UK and 19,000 global employees at the heart of it. Every single one of us plays an important role and together we build on our 10bn Euros turnover and establish our position as one of the largest dairy companies in the world.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Contract Manufacturing Manager based in our Leeds Head Office who will be responsible for leading manufacturing projects with third party suppliers. Whilst based in Leeds the role will involve travel to other European locations.
Area of responsibility
Drives and participates in cross-functional and department projects, bringing knowledge about the local business into these projects to ensure that selected suppliers are able to meet local needs.
- Drives and participates in the negotiations and the conclusion of agreements with suppliers.
- Administers and implements supplier agreements in the business.
- Monitors and follows up on service levels with suppliers.
- Delivers best practice procurement services that meet the needs of the business.
- Ensures that daily procedures are in place to enhance the daily work between suppliers and end users with the aim of minimising the total cost of transactions without impacting service levels.
- Interacts and builds relationships at senior level and provides senior level advice on commercial and contractual issues.
- Anticipates internal and external business issues and delivers best practice procurement services that meet the needs of the business.
- Upholds internal and external policies, regulations and laws.
- Point of contact for end users and suppliers of the managed category(ies).
- Carries out performance reporting, e.g. coordination of financial reporting tasks and support on gathering financial and non-financial KPI’s etc.
- Supports end users in the resolution of claims towards the designated suppliers.
- Participates in cross-functional and department projects.
- Enhances cross-border and cross-functional cooperation and supports globalization.
- Manage CM projects in UK and Germany
- Manage adhoc projects on other markets depending on workload and competencies
- Coordinate and follow up on the SC KPI reporting with SC Finance to secure Global reporting are aligned with Global SC
- Strong project management experience gained with food manufacturing/supply chain
- Strong negotiation and relationship skills
- Good technical understanding/QEHS/site audits
- Experience of global matrix working ideal
Application and contact
The deadline for application is 31 July 2017.
Please apply using this link.