Arla Foods is an international cooperative based in Denmark, and the largest producer of dairy product in Scandinavia. Arla Foods is the fourth largest dairy company in the world measured by milk intake, and the seventh largest by turnover. We are also the world’s largest organic dairy producer.
At Arla we believe that milk is nature's best food product. We are proud to process milk into cheese, butter, milk powder and many other dairy products to the benefit and delight of people all over the world. We combine traditional craftsmanship and world-class technologies, making sure we consider nature in every aspect of our supply chain – from the farm to table.
We are currently looking for a Senior Category Manager in China Beijing.
You will be responsible for develops, drives and implements category strategies (12 month to 3 year horizon) for Cheese and BSM across a portfolio of brands and across sales channels (retail, e-commerce and food ser-vice) ensuring the delivery of growth for the categories in China.
- Leading the Cheese and BSM Category for Arla China
- Owns category strategy and ensures that the strategy is delivered via strong category plans
- Category innovation – short and long term
- Concept development
- Product Management
- Measured on category performance: volume, revenue and P&L
STRATEGY AND MARKETING
- Develop and own the category strategy for China that delivers long and short term growth targets
- Alignment of category strategy with both China Joint Venture as well as the global Arla cate-gory teams
- Manage key stakeholders and influence them to align on strategy, funding and plans.
- Responsible for category strategy and relevant innovation pipelines that meet local market requirements
- Drives the creation and deliver the +3-year innovation strategy aligned with the category and relevant brand strategy that supports the ambitions of the overall category. Working closely with concept developers and product/pack development team
- Takes an overview of innovations developed by global and/or other local markets – bring-ing new products, services and activation ideas to local consumers in the most compelling way possible
- Development of Marketing Assets supporting new launches
- Ensure full alignment with Arla global categories
PRODUCT MANAGEMENT (NEW PRODUCT FOCUS)
- Secure products fulfil specific supply/logistical chain requirements
- Secure forecast, order flow and capacity
- Optimize product cost
- Manage stakeholders (Planning, production, logistics, regulatory etc.)
- Manage NPI in relation to planning, production and export
- Owns and drives the annual business planning process for the category and links the process to global categories and JV teams
- Creates and delivers customer engagement sessions
- Owns the category P&L - constantly seeking to strengthen through profit improvements initiatives across all areas e.g. pricing, supply chain etc., and initiates corrective actions, incl. short term, when needed
- Manages the full cost base
- Your track record reflects sound experience within category and brand management (including product concept and marketing development)
- You have and at least 10 years’ experience with marketing or sales in an FMCG environment.
- A relevant marketing or business degree at master’s level backs your experience.
- You possess knowledge of - and experience in - all marketing disciplines
- You speak and write English and Chinese at a high level.
- High level of commercial acumen with strategic and creative thinking and problem solving skills.
- Being a thinker and a doer, you know how to both develop and implement strategies - From concept development and testing in China to product and brand innovation followed by a fast new product introduction
- Strong leadership competencies. Resilient and able to overcome challenges. Able to influence others and to build strong relationships
- Results driven with proven track record. High energy and engaging personality
Please send your application under reference of your salary expectations and your earliest availability to: Henrik Froekjaer, Henrik.Froekjaer@arlafoods.com
Arla Foods is a company with equal opportunities for everyone regardless of age, race, gender or any other criteria that is not a professional qualification for an open position. Purely for reasons of readability we have chosen to create all our job postings in male format. We explicitly look forward to all applications regardless if the candidate is male, female, diverse and will also exclude any other criteria from our screening process that is not professional qualification.
Arla Foods Deutschland has chosen carefully selected external vendors (“Headhunter”) to work on specific roles and we hold long term working relationship with them. Arla Foods Deutschland is not seeking any new partners until further notice. Therefore we are asking you to refrain from any contact requests by phone, e-mail or in any other way towards any Arla Foods representatives. Please note that all candidate resumes that are send to us without a written and signed search assignment will be deemed made available free of costs.
Please apply via this LINK.