As a Sales Supervisor, you are responsible in managing a retail van sales team while implementing departmental sales and distribution objectives set by the Area Sales Manager.
You preliminary role includes business development of van sales apart from supervising the day-to-day sales operation in the assigned area, in a responsible manner and accordance to set sales and collection targets, business plan and standards.
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for Retail Van Sales operation / sales staff in the assigned territory
- Responsible for Products distribution & achieving sales target in the assigned territory.
- Directly responsible for collection / reconciliation from company approved credit customers
- Responsible for taking care of the products shelf life as per Companies policy.
- Negotiate and finalize temporary / permanent display/ BDA agreements with selected customers and ensure that the best space allocation.
- Monitor daily activities of the salesmen and follow up on sales progress, collection status and accomplishments.
- Guide and support salesmen to achieve better results by allocating sales and collection targets by getting commitments from sales team (bottom-up approach)
- Take steps to improve distribution of products (100% listing in Supermarkets)
- Ensure proper implementation of sales campaigns / promotional activities and follow up on the promotion plan. (Trade and Consumer campaigns)
- Ensure the salesmen timely submission of reports.
- Ensure that salesmen are strictly following the Arla Procedures & Guidelines.
- Conduct regular meetings with Sales Manager on status of sales & Collections.
- Check / approve the entire sales order/ final invoice / GRV entered by Sales Rep / Storekeeper. Control Market Return (minimize to the agreed limit).
- Daily report problems and market observations to Sales Manager (Feedback)
- Make sure that Salesman is carrying Minimum stock in his sales truck.
- Control salesmen by checking the route operation report in HHT and follow up
- Take print out of GEV / Daily settlement form / Salesman’s total outstanding report from Middleware and hand over the same to Salesman.
- Check expiries, cash shortages on daily basis and ensure payments collection.
- Establish and maintain good rapport with all the credit customers.
- Travel with the sales team regularly, provide them back up whenever necessary.
- Ensure physical involvement in operation of route when staff shortages arise.
- Generate daily and monthly reports regarding the overall sales achievements and also competitor activities. (Assist ASM to prepare monthly progress report).
- Ensure proper implementation of Arla policy on financial and sales related matters.
- Organize Sales team vacation and replacement within his area.
- Make sure the use of Uniform and maintain a respectable outfit during working hours.
- Insure Sales trucks are well serviced / maintained. (Cleanliness, Service, accident report.)
- Carry out random audits on personal outstanding balances.
- Develop sales team working under his supervision.
- Perform any other jobs assigned by the Sales Manager
Experience and competence
- Min. 5 years of FMCG or Sales Supervisor experience in a reputed FMCG company
- Organize, motivate and able to lead sales teams
- Good English skills – written and verbal
- Computer literacy
- Manage basic financial tool
- Personal skills
- Result oriented
- Team player
Application and contact
Please send your application 03-04-2019 at the latest. We’re screening applications on an ongoing basis. For additional information please call Ahtesham Uddin , Area Sales Manager, at +97165346767(202)
Please apply via this link