Are you motivated by having the opportunity to impact the supply chain and sustainability performance of a global FMCG company? Do you want a job with high visibility and impact? Then look at this exciting position where you can explore and calculate waste reduction opportunities, build best practice and facilitate implementation across our dairies worldwide.
“As part of Costing & Process Optimization in Supply Chain Finance, you will join 20 ambitious colleagues who drive optimisation projects across our supply chain. This high profile project gives a unique chance for you to dive into our material waste reduction potential and make huge business and environmental impacts,” says Finance Director Henrik Lund Sørensen.
About the job
This is your chance to lead an exciting project identifying optimisation opportunities within material waste reduction and build best practice. We already collect relevant data, but we want to increase and standardise our efforts using new tools and technologies. As you join a large international organisation working with vast amounts of raw materials and packaging materials, the value potential of your work is huge. Identifying one small improvement might be significant to our bottom line and reduce our environmental footprint substantially. This position’s high profile gives you visibility across our supply chain leadership team and success will help to shape your future career at Arla.
Main responsibilities include:
- Evaluating our waste reduction potential across the entire production life cycle; defining and driving a new standard and granular detail that can be implemented at all our sites.
- Actively tracking and analysing performance and improvements.
- Acting as the subject matter expert within the supply chain community, involving close collaboration with Strategy & Design, Finance Controlling, Finance Business Partners and Reporting.
- Working in SAP to set up correct procedures and ensuring high data quality, then communicating with sites the best way to use defined reason codes. This will involve problem solving as issues arise with new quality defects that might come through packaging or ingredients.
- Creating new reports and producing training material to ensure users are aligned.
- Sparring with key supply chain stakeholders on how to develop and expand the tool.
You can expect to travel 15-30 days a year to visit production sites across Northern Europe, primarily in Denmark, Germany, the UK, Sweden, Finland and the Netherlands.
Who are you?
To succeed, you have the personal drive and curiosity to take charge of a highly visible project. The links into our group transformation project, Calcium, and Sustainability journeys means that your work in reducing material/food waste in our supply chain has true value and impact.
- You hold a master’s degree in finance and ideally with experience in, or a strong interest in production finances. You can demonstrate skill at grasping process flows and finding optimisation potential
- You have the systematic skills and project management competences to lead a large and complex project and set the structure for a new global agenda
- You will be surrounded by highly skilled colleagues to give you the technical insights, but you should have a natural interest in the systems and tools that we work with such as SAP and PowerBI
- You are fluent in English
Application and contact
We will review CVs and arrange interviews on an ongoing basis, so please apply as soon as possible.
For additional information, please call Finance Director Henrik Lund Sørensen on +45 8938 1428.
Please apply via this LINK