Would you like to contribute to a sustainable future by helping us reduce, reuse, recycle and rethink water and energy across our protein factory?
Arla Foods Ingredients is an independent company within the Arla Foods Group and a global leader in natural whey ingredients for many different categories, including bakery, beverages, dairy as well as infant and sport nutrition. You will join AFI Protein at our protein production site in Videbæk, Denmark, to set the agenda on energy and water optimisation.
“In this position, you get to be innovative and shape an ambitious strategy for energy and water savings and also be the one carrying out the projects and realising the potential within this area,” says Senior PTD Manager Lene Jacobsen.
About the job
As part of our Production Technology Development team, you will be welcomed by 15 cross-functional colleagues driving continuous improvement across the value chain.
Teaming up with our other project leader within energy and water, your goal will be to define, shape and complete optimisation projects minimising our factory’s consumption of water and energy in line with our local and global EHS agenda.
Your tasks will be to:
- Work closely with the production and our internal utility supply teams to identify new opportunities for optimisations
- Collect and analyse data to build a business case on potential savings and environmental value
- Present business cases to management to secure a budget and initiate the project
- Plan, coordinate and execute new projects – for some projects you will be the main project leader, for others you will be an important project member
- Contribute to other on-site projects by analysing impacts on water and energy consumption
- Optimise our cleaning concept as cleaning is a big consumer of energy and water
Who are you?
We imagine that you are a recent graduate in mechanical engineering or energy engineering or within a field related to dairy, food, processes or quality within production – or that you have work experience within those fields. Moreover, you:
- Have experience with concepts related to energy and environment, e.g. energy mapping and technical and economic analysis
- Know how to carry out complex analyses and calculations
- Possess great project management skills – meaning you are organised and know how to plan and execute initiatives in coordination with others
- Communicate effortlessly in Danish and English
What do we offer?
Working closely with our other specialist in the area, you will gain insight into the environmental aspects involved in a large production. You will get to bring your own ideas to the table and have a tremendous impact upon the AFI agenda as the ambassador for sustainable and cost-efficient energy and water management.
Furthermore, you will be part of our factory family of 450 and join a young and ambitious team with a broad range of competencies – who also enjoy spending time together after work.
Application and contact
If you want to drive innovation and help shape the industry, then seize this exciting opportunity. Please apply no later than the 4th of March, 2020.
For additional information, please call Senior PTD Manager Lene Jacobsen on +45 9694 5615.
Please apply via this link.