Kick-start your career with Arla’s Production Management Graduate Programme
Are you excited by the prospect of applying your skills and knowledge in our state of the art dairy production environments, producing famous brands like Lurpak and Castello? Are you motivated by taking on high profile projects and delivering results? Then his could be the start of your career with Arla.
Arla’s Production Management Graduate Programme is a 2-year entry level programme where talented graduates can begin a leadership career at our dairy sites. We are looking to recruit 6 talented graduates and the programme will take you to 2 different European production sites (Denmark, Sweden, UK and Germany) where you will spend 18 months in your primary location and 6 months abroad.
What is involved?
- Look forward to on-the-job training and a professional, tailored programme which will introduce you to the wide range of challenges we face in a high volume, fast paced production environment.
- You will be assigned a senior member of the supply chain leadership team to act as your mentor, away from your direct line manager.
- In conjunction with our Site Directors and management teams, you will work on key projects and develop your leadership skills. Examples of projects from current graduates have included creating a plan to increase site capacity by 50%, waste reduction / cost saving projects and detailed analysis into customer complaints.
- In your second year, you might be working as a Team Leader to put your management skills to the test.
- Your 6 month rotation abroad gives you a unique and exciting opportunity to do all of the above while challenging yourself out of your comfort zone.
Ambitions to take the lead and deliver our production objectives
Our Production leaders need to make quick decisions in response to often unexpected complex situations. So it is imperative that you are a fast learner, have strong analytical skills and are able to perform in a fast paced environment. We are looking for people who enjoy challenging the status quo, hunting a root cause and providing new solutions with passion, energy and empathy.
- You will have graduated in the last 1-3 years, or plan to graduate in 2019, with a Bachelors or Master’s Degree preferably within Dairy or Food Science / Technology, but we would also welcome applications from related scientific based subjects (for example Microbiology, Chemical Engineering, Biotechnology etc).
- You will have excellent grades on your exam papers and have managed to complement your studies with work experience that links in with your aspirations for the future.
- We require you to be mobile and flexible as you will be asked to spend 6 months living abroad during the programme.
- It is essential you are fluent in English, but if you are applying for a primary location in our Danish, Swedish or German sites, we require excellent local language skills on top.
If you are looking to develop your career in Food Innovation or R&D, it is important for us to stress that this will not be the most appropriate graduate programme. Instead, this is focused on an operational career within our production sites.
Application and Information
The application window is open from 3rd December 2018. with a deadline of 27th January 2019. Please apply HERE.
The Assessment Centre will be held in Denmark on 19th March 2019 and the programme begins in September 2019.
For additional information including blogs from current graduates, please visit the Production Management Graduate Programme page at this LINK
Please apply via this LINK