A two-year leadership program for our dairy sites
Arla’s Production Management Graduate Programme is a 2-year entry level program where talented graduates can begin a leadership career at our dairy sites. We will have 6 new talented graduates join us in September 2019 across dairies in Denmark, UK, Sweden and Germany. We still have an opportunity to join our Swedish team, so don’t miss out!
The graduate program will see you work at either our Linköping or Götene production sites for 18 months, and 6 months will be spent abroad to broaden your experience
What is involved?
• Look forward to on-the-job training and a professional, tailored program which will introduce you to the wide range of challenges we face in a high volume, fast paced production environment.
• You will be assigned a senior member of the supply chain leadership team to act as your mentor, away from your direct line manager.
• In conjunction with our Site Directors and management teams, you will work on key projects and develop your leadership skills. Examples of projects from current graduates have included creating a plan to increase site capacity by 50%, waste reduction / cost saving projects and detailed analysis into customer complaints.
• In your second year, you might be working as a Team Leader to put your management skills to the test.
• Your 6 month rotation abroad gives you a unique and exciting opportunity to do all of the above while challenging yourself out of your comfort zone.
Ambitions to take the lead and deliver our production objectives
Our Production leaders need to make quick decisions in response to often unexpected complex situations. So it is imperative that you are a fast learner, have strong analytical skills and are able to perform in a fast paced environment. We are looking for people with true leadership potential; enjoy challenging the status quo, hunting a root cause and providing new solutions with passion, energy and empathy.
• You will have graduated in the last 1-3 years, or plan to graduate in 2019, with a Bachelors or Master’s Degree preferably within Dairy or Food Science / Technology, but we would also welcome applications from related scientific based subjects (for example Microbiology, Chemical Engineering, Biotechnology etc).
• You will have excellent grades on your exam papers and have managed to complement your studies with work experience that links in with your aspirations for the future.
• We require you to be mobile and flexible as you will be asked to spend 6 months living abroad during the program. However, please note that we are not able to offer places at our other Swedish dairies, we are only recruiting for Linköping or Götene dairies
• It is essential you are fluent in both English and Swedish. Additional language skills would be advantageous, but not essential.
If you are looking to develop your career in Food Innovation or R&D, it is important for us to stress that this will not be the most appropriate graduate program. Instead, this is focused on an operational career within our production sites.
Application and Information
The application window is open from until 2nd June 2019. Please apply HERE.
Assessment, screening and interviews will take place throughout June.
For additional information including blogs from current graduates, please visit the Production Management Graduate Programme page at this LINK