We are an Innovation team serving Arla’s international markets with new and innovative dairy products, primarily within the infant nutrition and milk powder area. You will be working with our product range for Family Nutrition, which is especially focusing on plain and flavored affordable milk powder products for developing countries. You will have a unique opportunity to influence contents of the job and to create the conditions for innovation success.
You will be part of an NPD team with 12 scientists working with Milk Powder Innovation in Arla Foods Ingredients Group P/S located in Aarhus, Denmark.
Reporting to the Head of Milk Powder Innovation, you will be working with the planning and execution of New Product Development (NPD) projects alongside local Arla Foods project leads as well as very skilled innovation colleagues. You will have special focus on developing affordable nutritious products for low-income consumers in developing countries. Products that are adapted to local taste and market requirements.
In this job you will:
- Participate and in some cases lead Stage Gate NPD projects on Milk Powder Nutrition Products for Arla Foods international markets in Asia, Africa, Middle east and Latin America.
- Use your creative and innovative skills to re-think how milk powder can be part of a nutritious diet by developing new innovative product offerings that will be available for low income consumers
- Design and calculate formulations in compliance with specifications, local regulations and nutritional requirements
- Work with external suppliers and technology providers to find the best possible solutions
- Set up and conduct bench-top and pilot- scale trials, and transfer recipes to full scale in close collaboration with the product application groups at the dairies. You will also work with transfer of product recipes to local production setups in international markets.
- Implement and troubleshoot new products in production in collaboration with dairies
You have a solid technical background in Food Science and Technology, Dairy Science or similar relevant education at Master’s level. You also have some years of experience with new product development and manufacture in the food industry.
Candidates with experience in development of powdered food products and powder blending processes will be preferred. A documented project manager background in food manufacturing is also preferred.
You are fluent in English at negotiation level.
With a strong technical background and an innovative mindset, you use your personal drive when executing and finalizing projects and tasks. You have a sound understanding of the commercial food industry, and you are able to utilise your curious nature when working with colleagues across the organisation. You are a skillful communicator, you are creative and inspiring to others and have a strong global and cultural mindset. Additionally, you are able to network with many stakeholders, no matter if it is business people or engineers and workers in the dairies and you enjoy seeing your work materialize as consumer products.
You should expect up to 30 days of traveling per year,
Application and contact
Please apply as soon as possible and no later than 27 May 2019. For additional information, please call Head of Milk Powder Innovation, Preben Bødstrup Rasmussen at +45 8938 1262.
Please apply via this link