Would you like to be a driving part in the execution of our procurement strategy in Asia and function as a central advisor on procurement projects?
“You have the opportunity to make a real impact as you identify the right suppliers and lead competitive tenders and negotiations that can help us unlock the potential in this market for our production and colleagues back home in Europe and across Arla Foods International,” says Managing Director Bob den Hartog.
About the job
In Hong Kong, you join a team of 5 dedicated and fun-loving colleagues, including 2 other procurement managers, working together to secure the right supply at the right prices and quality for various procurement projects globally.
With a key focus on the ingredients and packaging categories, you will drive procurement and tender projects to secure that we have optimal access to suppliers from the region.
“This is a unique and challenging position. Externally, you will take on the role of a buyer, but you will also be taking on the role of a trusted advisor on internal decision-making processes, providing your recommendations to your sourcing colleagues on which suppliers to select,” says Bob.
Doing so, you also:
- Monitor supplier performance, including reliability, risks and quality and drive supplier improvement projects together with Quality colleagues when needed
- Support your fellow procurement managers with their designated categories, including CAPEX, business services, marketing spend and logistics
- Work closely with the managing director, providing your inputs and supporting the implementation of the Asian procurement and low-cost country sourcing strategies
- Travel approximately once per month, primarily within mainland China, to meet suppliers, monitor production and conduct audits
Who are you?
With your curious nature and “quality first” mindset, you are always looking for ways to challenge processes to strengthen them further and explore win-win solutions to remove any internal and external roadblocks. You are flexible and enjoy working with a wide variety of projects simultaneously, spanning from strategic tasks to hands-on number-crunching – which you also excel at.
- Hold 3+ years of experience with sourcing/procurement from international organisations – preferably also from a matrix organisation
- Have documented experience with running cost savings projects and achieving positive results
- Preferably, have experience with packaging and food ingredients – knowledge of CAPEX, marketing and logistics sourcing is also a great advantage
- Possess knowledge of strategic sourcing methodologies, TCO principles and preferably also Ariba
- Are fluent in English and Mandarin both spoken and written – fluency in Cantonese is an advantage
What do we offer?
Joining our team in Hong Kong, you experience a truly global procurement function that connects you with colleagues from all over the world. You also get to partake in solving a great variety of exciting challenges, gain exposure and leverage your past experience as you work with numerous sourcing categories.
“As a part of our team, you will beyond doubt drive measurable impact and be part of delivering on Arla Food’s goals to remain competitive in the market and our sustainability vision. Your ideas and recommendations are truly vital to making this happen,” Bob adds.
Application and contact
If you want to seize this exciting opportunity, please apply as soon as possible. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the right candidate is found. For additional information, please call Managing Director Bob den Hartog on +852 6080 0857.
Please apply via this link