Do you have excellent leadership skills as well as experience with strategic procurement, and are you looking for a job where you have international responsibility and high impact?
If so, this is your opportunity to join Arla’s Procurement team, be part of an exciting transformation journey and create value for our dairies globally. Arla’s Procurement department is strengthening its position towards the global Arla organisation through category-based reporting lines and increasing the number of employees to deliver on the ambitious targets.
Join Arla’s Procurement team spread across Denmark, Sweden, Germany, the Netherlands, UK, Poland and Hong Kong. On behalf of our global organisation, we manage procurement activities of an annual spend of ~3.5 billion EUR. You will work out of Aarhus and report to Head of Procurement, VP Steen Hedegaard Madsen as well as become part of the Procurement leadership team.
Focus on people and procurement processes
Your role is to lead a team consisting of 35 dedicated project managers, business analysts and purchasing coordinators located in both Aarhus, Denmark, and Gdansk, Poland. Together, you take on a global responsibility for the purchasing processes throughout Arla and are responsible for maintaining relevant master data and documentation in our IT systems. As procurement director, you lead, coach and develop your team as you help with and discuss everyday challenges and assign tasks. Furthermore, you:
- Are responsible for developing and maintaining efficient day-to-day procurement processes and purchasing systems
- Develop concepts and processes as well as set specifications for IT systems supporting efficient procurement within the Arla Foods global organisation
- Drive ongoing forecasts and follow up on procurement performance together with our finance department
- Manage stakeholders and drive smooth cooperation between procurement, the Arla Foods organisation and external partners
- Act as a support function for the rest of the Procurement leadership team and allocate resources to projects and sourcing activities
As procurement director, you will thus play a pivotal role in our procurement processes. The position also offers you a unique opportunity to develop a strong network across the global organisation. There will be limited travel activity, as maintaining a good work-life balance is important to us.
Experienced leader and procurement specialist
You are a people manager through and through, and drawing on your previous experience in this area, you have proven your talent for motivating, developing and guiding a team through attentive leadership. It is also vital that you have knowledge of and experience with procurement and through this can support and advise both employees and peers alike. Thus, you:
- Probably have experience from a similar function in a large organisation or perhaps from running a medium or large purchasing department
- Have knowledge of change management and preferably have experience with project management and resource planning – enabling you to develop, implement and maintain the right processes and tools to reach the agreed objectives
- Are an excellent communicator, who can manage both internal and external stakeholders in a seamless fashion, always aiming to build and nurture strong relationships while standing firm on decisions
- Speak and write English effortlessly
Application and contact
If you want to seize this exciting opportunity, please apply as soon as possible. We process applications on a continuous basis and the position will remain open until the right candidate has been found. For additional information, please call Senior Business Development Manager Mette Windfeldt at +45 3396 9244.
Please apply via this LINK.