Can you combine a keen logistics interest and solid commercial insights to create value for our dairies in a global market?
If so, this is your opportunity to join Arla’s Procurement team and be part of an exciting transformation journey and create value for our dairies globally.
You will work out of Aarhus and report to our Procurement Director.
“As a member of the Logistics Procurement team, you support and engage in Procurement strategy development and execution for the category areas Logistics DK and Road Chilled X-Border Transportation together with the rest of your colleagues in Procurement. You will thus engage in projects, applying your procurement skills and logistic insight on strategic, tactical and operational levels, along with supporting the business on ad hoc tasks and analytic initiatives.” says Procurement Director Markus Leuschen.
Sourcing Logistics Services
As our new Procurement Category Manager you will support handling of fruitful relationships with our suppliers, ensuring that they meet the agreed quality standards and deliver timely solutions, products and services to;
- Collaborate and implement the sourcing strategies for Logistic Denmark.
- Support sourcing strategy through market studies to identify best practices, identify gaps, risks and opportunities as well as to identify new suppliers and develop a robust supplier base.
- Facilitate and drive sourcing decisions through development and implementation of appropriate tools and processes.
- Develop and launch RFQs / RFPs (request for quotation/proposal) to select suppliers in targeted categories and countries.
- Analyze the proposals and make recommendations to key internal stakeholders.
- Negotiate with the suppliers the quality, time and cost of solutions as well as other commercial terms and conditions.
- Draft project contracts, lead contract ratification activities, assuring interaction with supplier and Legal team.
- Ensure a high level of end-user satisfaction.
In addition, you will be working closely together with Arla’s logistic organisation and our dairies across Northern Europe, just as you will engage with Arla’s logistics suppliers, Project Management teams and the line management across our business groups.
Solid experience with strategic procurement and logistics
Your background covers a relevant education, preferable a commercial degree at Master’s level, supplemented with relevant experience from a similar procurement position and you have a solid understanding of logistic services and logistics flows in an international production company.
Alternatively you either have solid experience from the logistics industry and have the interest and willingness to use this experience in a procurement organization or have recently graduated with a relevant business degree, have a strong interest in logistics and Procurement and poses a strong drive and willingness to learn and develop in a global procurement organization.
You have well-versed stakeholder management skills and know how to develop strong relations with people across cultural borders and with various backgrounds. This includes applying a sound business understanding, an open mindset, strong collaboration skills and the ability to adapt your communication directly to all levels of the organization.
Personally, you see yourself as an outgoing, independently working change agent with a strong drive and win-win approach. You are motivated by achieving your goals both independently and in close collaboration with others. You are a team player who thrives in a dynamic, international work environment with many stakeholders. Lastly, you are fluent in written and spoken English.
Application and contact
Please apply as soon as possible. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until right candidate is found. For additional information, please call Procurement Director Markus Leuschen at +49 15114192783.
Please apply via this link