Can you combine a keen logistics interest and solid commercial insights to create value for our dairies in a global market? Join Arla’s Global Procurement team, spread across Denmark, Sweden, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. On behalf of our global organization we manage procurement activities of an annual spend of € 3 billion. You will work out of head office in Viby J and report to our Procurement Director.
Sourcing Intralogistics & Heavy Equipment
As our new Procurement Category Manager you will be part of the Procurement team responsible for sourcing Capital Expenditure (CAPEX) projects within the categories of Intralogistics and Heavy Equipment. As such, you will be working closely together with global procurement colleagues, technical colleagues, project management teams and business stakeholders to;
- Collaborate and implement the sourcing strategies for respective categories and relevant countries/regions
- Support sourcing strategy through market studies to identify best practices, identify gaps, risks and opportunities as well as to identify new suppliers and develop a robust supplier base
- Facilitate and drive sourcing decisions through development and implementation of appropriate tools and processes
- Develop and launch RFQs / RFPs (request for quotation/proposal) to select suppliers in targeted categories and countries
- Analyze the proposals and make recommendations to key internal stakeholders
- Negotiate with the suppliers the quality, time and cost of solutions as well as other commercial terms and conditions
- Draft contracts, lead contract ratification activities, assuring interaction with supplier and Legal teams.
In addition, you will establish, maintain and develop optimal relationships with our suppliers, ensuring that they meet agreed-upon quality standards and deliver on-time solutions, products and services.
Strategic Procurement experience and strong stakeholder management skills
Your background covers a relevant education, preferable a commercial degree at Master’s level, supplemented with relevant experience from a similar procurement position. Furthermore, you have a solid understanding of Intralogistics in an international production company.
Alternatively, you either have solid experience from the logistics industry and have the interest and willingness to use this experience in a procurement organization or have recently graduated with a relevant business degree, have a strong interest in Intralogistics/ Logistics and the drive and willingness to learn and develop in a global procurement organization.
You have well-versed stakeholder management skills and know how to develop strong relations with people across cultural borders and with various backgrounds. This includes applying a sound business understanding, an open mindset, strong collaboration skills and the ability to adapt your communication directly to all levels of the organization.
Personally, you see yourself as an outgoing, independently working change agent with a strong drive and win-win approach. You are motivated by achieving your goals both independently and in close collaboration with others. You are a team player who thrives in a dynamic, international work environment with many stakeholders. Lastly, you are fluent in written and spoken English.
Application and contact
If you want to seize this exciting opportunity, please apply as soon as possible. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the right candidate is found.
For additional information, please call Procurement Director Markus Leuschen at +49 15114192783. Please state in your application where you have seen the advertisement.
Please apply via this LINK
At Arla, we do so much more than make some of the world’s favourite dairy products. We make healthy taste delicious, mornings worth getting up for and family dinners unforgettable. Arla®, Castello® and Lurpak® – brands like these make us a vital, natural part of modern life in over 100 countries around the world. To find out what part you can play, visit arla.com/career.