Would you like to help deliver best practice procurement solutions that meet the needs of Arla Foods sites all over the world?
“This is a very outgoing role where you build a vast network with stakeholders and colleagues from all corners of Arla Foods, both corporate offices and dairy sites. Using your sourcing skills, knowledge of the facility area and eye for cost optimisation, you will spot sourcing projects and drive them independently,” says Director Michael Torp-Hansen, Business Services, Procurement.
About the job
At our HQ in Viby, Aarhus, you will work alongside 12 colleagues in the Business Services Procurement team.
In this hands-on procurement role, you – along with your colleagues – will have responsibility for a very interesting and diverse portfolio of areas, e.g. clothing, catering, office supplies and laboratory supplies.
This will be done in close collaboration with your procurement colleagues in one of our category councils across borders and of course together with the key stakeholders in the business to ensure optimal implementation, e.g. with our Head of Global Facility.
You will typically manage several projects at a time; some minor, others taking up to 2 years to complete. As we manage most projects remotely, you will have limited international travel activity, but you will regularly visit dairies around Denmark to build your network and identify potential areas for sourcing cost optimisation.
Sometimes projects arise as a direct result of end user requests or legislation changes. However, you will often seek out projects yourself, surveying spend with assistance from colleagues who specialise in finance and analytics.
Maximising value and reducing risks, you will:
- Conduct proactive market research and lead sourcing and supply management activities
- Identify, negotiate with, evaluate and select suppliers and ensure the implementation of agreements
- Implement Arla framework agreements on several areas in order to increase compliance
- Ensure that the facility category is in compliance with internal and external policies, regulations and legislations at all times
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the facility area and identify and monitor internal and external performance targets for the managed categories
Who are you?
Perhaps you have a background in facility management and an interest in procurement. Perhaps it is the other way around – we are open to both. Regardless, you will need the ability to build relationships across Arla Foods and spot potential for cost optimisation through smarter procurement. As a colleague, you are organised, proactive and keen to contribute – and we would love it if you are the sort to make Mondays feel like Fridays.
- You have experience with either facility management or procurement – or ideally, both
- You have a good understanding of the key business drivers with end users and suppliers
- You speak and write Danish and English fluently
- You have a driving license and a car, so you can visit the dairies regularly
What do we offer?
You will have the opportunity to put your mark on the department and contribute to developing our ways of working.
We’re committed to professional development and promoting from within. Our positive and collaborative culture will bring out the best in you. And you’ll join a market leader who produces nutritious household-favourite brands in a way that make things better for our customers, the farmers who own us, and the whole world.
Application and contact
If you want to drive innovation and help shape the industry, then seize this exciting opportunity. Please apply as soon as possible and no later than 31 March 2019. Please note that we take candidates into the recruitment process continuously and fill the position once we have found the right candidate.
For additional information, please call Director, Business Services, Procurement, Michael Torp-Hansen on +45 8938 1854.
Please apply via this link.