Become a key player in implementing the MES Platform Strategy in Arla!
We are right now preparing our platform for a central controlled roll out. The aim is to speed up delivery of a portfolio of solutions and software to all our sites, based on a high degree of standardization and close cooperation with the business.
Arla is looking for a Platform Architect for the Manufacturing Execution System (MES), who will take the technical responsibility of our MES platform and related projects, ensuring the most optimal MES platform solution for our Dairy sites.
Draw the future picture of Arla’s Manufacturing Execution System Platform
Your primary area of responsibility will be to prepare standardized MES platform descriptions based on the different IT platforms SAP MII, Wonderware System Platform and SQL databases. The Arla Manufacturing Execution Platform environment are based on standard developed templates. We have a number of trusted vendors capable of rolling out the Manufacturing Execution System platform technologies to our sites.
You will ensure that the Manufacturing Execution System platform comply with operational and business related requirements, as well as ensuring that standardized template design documents are prepared. Additionally, you will cooperate with other architects and specialists to service the customers at the factories in the best manner. You will play an important role in the platform team, as a specialist and coach for other teams using the platform, and take responsibility for the generalization of MES platform across the factories, which fits our overall infrastructure and meets the needs of internal customers at the sites.
• Develop target architecture, technical guidelines and IT governance for a scalable Manufacturing Execution System platform.
• Be a key player finding next generation technologies to build MES platform solutions
• Create technical roadmaps and design documents, that enables the development and maintenance of standard MES templates by our trusted vendors.
• Participate in workshops and meetings with customers, vendors and other project participants
• Contribute to the development of existing and new IT solutions
You will join our dairy program together with 4 architect colleagues and you will be a part of the IT Solutions team with more than 90 colleagues using agile methods as the way of working. You will be located at our headquarters in Aarhus. However, you should expect approx. 20 days of travel per year to our locations in Denmark, Germany, Poland, Sweden and the UK.
We expect that you:
• have significant experience within the Manufacturing Execution System domain and related requirements to Manufacturing processes
• have a master degree within IT or other relevant areas, with a minimum of 5 years of experience with architectural related work (Solution, Lead or Service architect), delivering documentation for both decision makers and developers
• are able to translate business needs into specialized IT competencies, involving multiple IT disciplines.
• have a strong business process understanding, enabling you to engage in dialogue with your business owners
• have experience with technical project management
• are familiar with the Scrum processes (not necessarily certified)
We expect you to be fluent in Danish and English in writing and speaking.
Please apply as soon as possible. Applications will be evaluated, and interviews conducted, on an ongoing basis.
If you have more questions about this job, feel free to contact the Release Train Architect Uffe Rasmussen +45 9131 1767, firstname.lastname@example.org or Release Train Engineer Bent Handberg +45 8938 1241, email@example.com
Please apply via this link.