Do you know packaging and good data quality, and would you like to join an ambitious, cross-organisational PLM programme?
“You will play a key role in validating our packaging data and migrating it to a brand new, cross-organisational PLM system. Coordinating with suppliers and internal stakeholders, you will be our data detective, sorting through a wide range of sources,” says Director Karen Marie la Cour Tybjerg, Head of Packaging Optimisation.
About the job
In 2020, a new PLM programme will be rolled out across the global Arla organisation. To prepare for this, we need to migrate all our packaging data, which is currently stored in Lotus and SAP, into the new PLM software, 3DEXPERIENCE.
Joining us on this 2-year contract, you will drive this process as a member of our Procurement Packaging Optimisation team as well as the Arla PLM project group. At our HQ in Viby, you will divide your time between the two; working alongside 9 colleagues in Procurement Packaging Optimisation and 2 packaging engineers in the PLM project set-up which comprises around 80 people.
As our packaging data covers all of Arla’s product portfolio, your first task will be to create an overview and plan a suitably systematic approach to the data clean-up and migration process. Using your packaging knowledge, you will then evaluate the data to decide what needs to be validated and how – e.g. by calling the supplier or consulting their price list. Specifically, you will:
- Support packaging managers and sites in validating packaging data
- Ensure smooth handover of packaging data into the new PLM system
- Act as packaging data controller/advisor to Arla sites regarding PLM data
- Communicate with suppliers to verify packaging data, e.g. dimensions
You can expect to have around 20 days of domestic and international travel per year to visit dairies in Denmark, Sweden, Germany and the UK.
Who are you?
We like happy colleagues, so it’s probably best if you love data – and lots of it. Armed with Excel, packaging experience and an indefatigable determination, you banish deviant, outdated data and transform masses of words and numbers into valuable and verified information. And while you love spreadsheets, you quite like people, too, so you are not averse to picking up the phone and double-checking with a supplier if you spot something odd. In short, you know good data quality, and you are committed to achieving it.
- You are probably a chemical engineer or technical designer
- You have experience with packaging, ideally (but not necessarily) from the food industry
- You are used to working with technical documentation and drawings and preferably have knowledge of the materials commonly used for food packaging
- You are familiar with SAP and very friendly with Excel
- You speak and write English fluently – Danish is a definite plus, but not a must
What do we offer?
You will work with colleagues who are fiercely focused but enjoy an informal atmosphere where there is time for a laugh and a good work-life balance. Moreover, as you work with suppliers and stakeholders across Packaging and PLM, you will gain valuable insight into the organisation.
Application and contact
If you want to seize this exciting opportunity, please apply as soon as possible via this link
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until right candidate is found. For additional information, please call Director Karen Marie la Cour Tybjerg on +45 8938 1809.