Are you the scientific expert who will take the lead in our research within Gut Health & Disease in Arla Foods Ingredients, R&D? Can you apply your experience from academia to drive research projects related to novel dairy ingredients in collaboration with external academic collaborators? Then join the Nutrition & Health team within Discover, at Arla Foods Ingredients (AFI) R&D department. AFI is an independent company within the Arla Foods Group and a global leader in whey and dairy ingredients for infant-, medical-, sports- and general nutrition.
About the job
As our new Nutrition research scientist, you will become a part of the Nutrition & Health team in Discover, R&D that studies interaction between health, nutrition and effect of novel dairy ingredients across life-span (from infancy to elderly). Your responsibilities will be to:
- Work as AFI project manager in close collaboration with external university research groups
- Be responsible for defining and executing research projects related to AFI’s research strategy on Gut Health & Disease
- Proactively assess new data and tendencies in relation to Gut Health & Disease linked to nutrition, and contribute to new research initiatives
- Act as one point of entry into R&D on gastrointestinal effects of dairy ingredients
- Contribute with nutrition research competences in NPD projects
- Create network with academia and across AFI
This is your exciting chance to fingerprint and drive development of ingredients that support infant gut development, adult/elderly optimal nutrient bioavailibility, and alleviate intestinal disease symptoms through medical nutrition.
Who are you?
We are looking for a candidate with a PhD degree (or equivalent background), preferably with >+2 postdoctoral experience in (applied) gut health scientific biomedical research. You are proficient in a gut health scientific setting (such as molecular medicine, nutrition, molecular- or microbiology, pharmacology or biochemistry). In addition, you have experience in several of the following areas
- Experience with human intervention trials & animal models in relation to gastrointestinal tract physiology and pathology
- Assessed microbiota and – metabolite changes related to gut health & disease
- Experience with in vitro and/or in vivo models of digestion, intestinal absorption and systemic bioavailability of nutrients
- Knowledge on gut histology
- Demonstrated skills within data handling of complex large data sets.
- Collaborated with experts across scientific disciplines as project manager.
You have an out-going and open-minded personality and you like to work both independently and in a team. The work environment is international with several different nationalities. We value a warm, trustworthy, and innovative atmosphere. The workplace is at AFI’s Headquarters, Sønderhøj 10-12.
Application and contact
Please apply before the 5th of April. For additional information about the position, please contact Senior R&D Manager Marie Stampe Ostenfeld, Nutrition&Health, at +45 72 17 79 26.
Please apply via this link