Is your mind set on innovation, and are you looking for a job where you combine theoretical know-how of food technology with hands-on product development in an exciting, growing category?
This could be your chance to join a large global company that takes natural products seriously. Based in our Global Marketing department in Aarhus, you will join around the Innovation team in our Milk Based Beverages business unit. So if you are passionate about working at a fast pace and creating the future of brands such as Arla and Cocio, this could be the job for you.
Be a key driver in our Good Growth 2020 strategy
As New Product Development (NPD) Manager, your main goal is to work with strategic objectives to develop breakthrough products in the Milk Based Beverages (MBB) category across strategic brands in our portfolio such as Arla, Cocio and other licenced brands. As one our key growth categories in our Good Growth 2020 strategy, this position puts you in a unique position to have a major impact on the future success of the organisation.
We need you to be a technical specialist, but also have the ability to think strategically and work closely with business stakeholders. Other main responsibilities will include:
- Identifying and solving commercial challenges to create new opportunities, turning concepts into innovative new products in order to give Arla a commercial advantage
- Optimising the cost / value of new and existing products, working closely with global marketing, suppliers, our supply chain and other stakeholders.
- Leading product and process development projects, including recipe finalisation, cost management, quality assurance and legal assessment
- Working closely with Brand Managers and colleagues within MBB Innovation to act as a strong and credible sparring partner in discussions.
- Acts as a knowledge expert in key areas, especially long life ambient products and processes
Strong, technical sparring partner
You will be qualified to Bachelor/Masters degree level within food science /dairy / beverages, or similar. Further, you will have a number of years experience within product development, again preferably within a beverage based industry. Strong knowledge and specialism within long life ambient beverages is preferred. In addition to the technical skills, you will be an excellent communicator skilled at building strong relationships across organisational levels and acting as a trusted sparring partner. You are ready and confident to challenge the status quo and have the resilience to deal with a fast changing environment. Cross functional project management experience is important but we must stress that this is a hands on job. Candidates who are more interested in project management and less so in hands on tasks / product developing will not be be a good fit for this. Finally, you must be fluent in English (verbal and written) in order to navigate in an international environment.
Application & Contact
Please apply before 30 August 2018. For further information, please contact Valeria Krynetskaya on Valeria.Krynetskaya @arlafoods.com .
Please apply via this LINK.