We’re one of the world’s biggest dairy producers. Join our friendly Taw Valley Ingredients Team as Production Operative, and you'll contribute to making food that is loved by millions.
The Ingredients department at Arla Foods produces 18000 tons of permeate powder and 4000 tons of whey protein concentrate using membrane, evaporator and drying technology. Our customers use the products as ingredients in foods and have high demands for quality and food safety. Our raw material is based on whey, which comes from quality cheese production at Taw Valley.
Create the Future
…by ensuring that our products can be accurately delivered to our customers on time. As a Production Operative you will be part of a high-performance team both delivering and supporting other functions to meet challenging team and personal goals. You will primarily be involved with:
- Production of demineralized ‘dry blend’ permeate powder and whey protein concentrate (WPC60) to the expected quality standards.
- Operating, monitoring and cleaning highly automated processing equipment – membranes, evaporators & dryer.
- Operating, monitoring and dry cleaning automated packaging equipment – 25 kg & 1 tonne.
- Checking quality of liquid and powder products during production and dispatch.
- Fork lift driving and labelling of finished products.
- Giving input to continuous improvements, to support our LEAN focused business.
- Filling in documentation for food safety and traceability.
- Maintaining strict food hygiene and health and safety standards in the department.
It’s a fast-paced site and the role will involve working on a 4 days on 4 days off shift basis (mostly days from 6am to 6pm, plus some night shifts as required). So, as well as the joy of avoiding rush hour commutes, you’ll be able to fit your work around your lifestyle.
Grow with Arla
…because we’re committed to professional development, training and promoting from within. Our positive and collaborative culture will bring out the best in you. And you’ll join a market leader who produces nutritious household-favourite brands in a way that makes things better for our customers, the farmers who own us, and the whole world.
...a motivated team player, who can work on their own initiative and knows about supply chain processes and sticking to health and safety rules. It’s therefore vital you can understand and read all signage, and are able to communicate well as our sites run on teamwork. What’s more, you’re as serious about quality as we are - and ready to work hard to achieve it. You’ll be a strong performer with a good attendance record and a willingness to learn further skills.
If this sounds like you and you’ve gained previous manufacturing experience (food preferred) / FLT counterbalance work (ideal not essential as training will be provided), and are able to manage manual and automatic equipment, you could be just what we are looking for to help drive and support our global business.
...online as soon as possible please. We offer competitive rates of pay and holidays. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please apply via link