We’re one of the world’s biggest dairy producers. Join our friendly Lockerbie team as a Milk Production Operative, and you'll contribute to making food that is loved by millions.
We currently have a number of roles in our Production team. Working within a team environment on a busy production line, the role will be responsible for fulfilling orders of bottled milk for major retailers. You will be responsible for contributing to the production plan through efficient resolution, utilisation and operation of equipment, maximising quality & productivity.
Reporting to the Milk Process Team Leader requirements of the role will include:-
- Ensuring high standards of Food Safety, Quality and Health & Safety are maintained
- Operation of various packing machines and debag tables
- Record keeping and SIC of own area of work
- Ensuring production plan is completed on time, carrying out corrective actions as appropriate
- Providing support to the Team Leader when required
- Highlighting issues that will affect daily plans, working with the filler operators and maintenance department to overcome obstacles and implement recovery plans
We are looking for someone who is used to working under pressure with minimum supervision and who is able to use their initiative.
You must be a proactive team player who can contributing to continuous improvement and demonstrate Lean principles: for example problem solving, DRMs and 5S
In addition you must have a very flexible attitude to hours of work which will include weekend, shift working on a rota basis.
Hours of work include weekend and shift working on a rota basis. Current 24hr – 7day shift pattern operating.
All applications will be handled online, please apply online by 18th February 2019. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please apply via this LINK