Laboratory Assistant, North Tawton (Taw Valley)
At Arla, we do so much more than make some of the world’s favourite dairy products. We make healthy taste delicious, mornings worth getting up for and family dinners unforgettable. Cravendale®, Anchor®, Lurpak® and Tickler® – names like these make us a vital, natural part of modern life in over 100 countries around the world. We are 4,000 UK and 19,000 global employees at the heart of it. Every single one of us plays an important role and together we build on our 10bn Euros turnover and establish our position as one of the largest dairy companies in the world.
We are currently recruiting a Laboratory Operative to join our site based at our Taw Valley Creamery in North Tawton, Devon – the home of Tickler Cheese. We have 130 employees on site who are separated in to the following departments; Finance, Engineering, Production, Process, Logistics, QEHS, Projects and PTD. The role will involve working on a shift rota covering 41.5 hours (day roles typically Monday to Friday, but covers alternative weekends as part of the rota).
Grow your Career
You will play a key part in the site QEHS team in ensuring that the products we manufacture on site are done so to the highest standards of food safety and quality. The role will be mostly based in the laboratory and there will also be the opportunity to work in other site departments in order to assist with QA/QC/EHS/CI activities in those areas. Some of the key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Sampling, preparing and testing ingredient, finished product and water samples.
- Completing environmental swabbing.
- Entering results onto paper or computer based documents and reporting at daily meetings.
- Responding to deviations against specification and ensuring information is communicated to the correct recipients in a timely manner.
- Playing a part in site continuous improvement activities in both a formal nd informal context.
- Ensure compliance against company standards and procedures (QEHS)
- Cleaning and maintenance of the laboratory area.
Make an Impact
The successful candidate will have ideally worked in a similar laboratory role within manufacturing and have an understanding of food safety principles and practices.
- Candidates must have a positive, organised and resilient approach to all aspects of their work, and be able to maintain excellent relationships with colleagues and external stakeholders.
- Strong attention to details and IT skills - experience of MS Office essential, with any exposure to SAP an advantage.
Apply now and no later than 24th August 2017. In return you can expect a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work with a market leading company that encourages internal promotion.