Are you a senior Environmental Management professional, with the skills to take a lead role within Arla’s Environment, Health & Safety team? Do you understand Danish energy subsidies? Are you motivated to lead a global environmental team? Then our new opening for a Head of Environmental Management System & Arla Energy could be your ideal career move. This is a Senior Manager position focused on the management of systems, processes and tools.
What is the job?
Your focus will be to lead to global environmental team and to ensure the effectiveness of Arla’s certified global environmental management system across 60 production sites. Our dairies are mostly located in the UK, Denmark, Sweden and Germany, where we produce a large range of fresh dairy products, cheese, butter and powder. You will also lead the management and operation of Arla Energy installations and standards across 9 sites in Denmark.
Reporting to the Global EHS Director, this is a high profile position in an area where Arla is heavily invested. Your main tasks will include:
- Day to day line management responsibility for regional environmental managers.
- Effective leadership, including budget / P&L responsibility, and the ongoing maintenance of Arla Energy installations (e.g. gas boilers, CHP, Biomass boilers) .
- Ensuring compliance towards country emission trading schemes and regulatory frameworks.
- Ensuring continued certification and best in class management of Arla’s environment management system.
- Ensuring new and forthcoming energy legislation changes are effectively assessed and that our standards and policies modified and implemented.
- Working closely with stakeholders across the organisation. For example our Energy & Water Optimisation team, where you will maximise efficient operation of equipment, as well as the development of a central energy and water continuous improvement catalogue, and implementation roadmap.
- You will also work closely with our Procurement and Finance departments to formulate energy forecasts and potential investment opportunities, and of course our dairy Site Directors and Maintenance teams.
- Managing and developing effective relationships with regulatory bodies and other key external stakeholders.
Who are you?
You are a senior professional working within environmental management, degree qualified preferably with an engineering bias and having worked in a food manufacturing and processing environment (food/drinks/dairy/brewing). It is key that you have experience and knowledge of Danish energy regulations and subsidies. Other country knowledge is advantageous but it is key for us to bring Danish country knowledge into this role.
You will have a deep understanding of environmental management systems (ISO 14001 and 50001) with fantastic communication skills to drive change, engagement and to thrive in a fast paced environment.
You excel under the responsibility of a high profile position and can operate both operationally and strategically with a range of stakeholders, building relationships and collaborating with others to find solutions and improvements.
Finally, you must be fluent in Danish and English (written and spoken).
Application & Contact
We look forward to your application. Please apply before Friday 21 September by clicking this LINK. For further information, please contact Matt Winterburn, Global Environment, Health & Safety Director on firstname.lastname@example.org