Do you want to boost your finance career in a global FMCG company? We are currently looking to recruit a Head of Accounting UK to join us at our UK head office in Leeds. In this role you will report to the Director for Accounting and will be responsible for managing a UK Accounting team of three colleagues. The role is part of a Corporate Finance team that span across all core countries in the Arla Group and is headed from the global head office in Denmark.
Some of your key responsibilities in the role will include:
• Leading and developing a highly skilled accounting team in the UK
• Leading accurate and timely month- and year-end reporting to the group consolidation team in accordance with IFRS principles
• Leading the statutory financial statements process for all UK legal entities in accordance with FRS101 and FRS102
• Attendance at all UK Board meetings, with responsibility for presenting legal entity financial performance and providing advisory as required on financial matters for the UK group
• Managing the legal entity finance relationship with UK Pension Trustees, including presenting at bi-annual covenant review meetings
• Developing a strong partnership with the Head of Communication and Senior Accounting Officer on external financial reporting matters, taking responsibility for ensuring all members of the Board are appropriately informed
• Managing the relationship with external auditors to ensure an efficient and value adding external audit process for all UK legal entities
• Challenging and supporting ways of working to secure harmonization, efficiency and effectiveness of global accounting processes and internal controls
• Pro-actively seeking knowledge about new business initiatives (incl. M&A’s, legal reorganization, commercial deals, restructurings) and together with the tax team assess, advise and report on the accounting, VAT and tax impact
• Taking the lead on ensuring full IFRS compliance on all new business initiatives within the UK group of companies
• Driving efficient company and capital structure together with Tax , Legal and Treasury colleagues
• Involvement on ad hoc projects as required by Corporate Finance or the UK business
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant with significant post qualified experience gained within an accounting role, with previous experience in an audit background. You will be able to demonstrate strong people management and stakeholder management skills with a proven track record of excellent prioritisation. You will have an up to date and thorough understanding of IFRS and will also be comfortable using ERP systems and understanding related processes. With an open mindset you will be confident working as part of a global team in a large and complex cross- border matrix organisation. Finally, as a fast learner, you will also have an interest in UK GAAP, UK Pensions , and have the skills to keep abreast of the changing regulatory landscape.
The closing date for this role is 28th October.
Please apply via the link