Our innovators move fast and draw strength from their natural curiosity as well as their specialist knowledge. You love to put your intellectual skills to the test every day, and you feel like exploring the frontier of your field and inventing new standards.
Do you want to work with advanced food science, developing ground-breaking, dairy-based ingredients in an international team? This could be what you are looking for.
Arla Foods Ingredients (AFI) is an independent company within the Arla Foods Group with an ambition to become the true global leader in value-added whey. The position is situated in the Functionality and Technology team within the DISCOVER R&D department in Videbæk close to Herning. We base our success on a strong knowledge of food protein chemistry and physics and an understanding of molecular functionality of dairy-based ingredients. As a consequence of an increase in our activities, we need new capabilities that can strengthen our innovative research and development projects.
You set new standards for future dairy products
As a laboratory based food scientist, you drive research projects and contribute to NPD activities that will lead to dairy-based ingredients. You will contribute to the discovery of new epoch-making ingredients that can live up to the very highest demands of quality and functionality. This means that you:
- Manage and drive research projects both internally and in collaboration with external partners
- Contribute to ideation of new research and NPD projects
- Plan, execute and evaluate projects and experiments
- Be a partner in NPD projects
- Push development of new analytical methods
- Be updated of the state of the art literature relevant to your research
PhD within the area of food protein chemistry and functionality
You hold a PhD in Food Science or have comparable competencies. Moreover, you have already proven that you are an excellent project manager who is able to push processes and deliver solutions. Besides in-depth knowledge of food protein functionality, you are well-versed within some of the following disciplines
- Spectroscopic techniques (e.g. free thiol determination, fluorescence, FTIR)
- Calorimetric techniques such as ITC or DSC
- Gel based protein analytical methods
- Chromatographic techniques (SEC, field flow fractionation, HPLC)
- Light scattering techniques
- Use of enzymes to alter protein properties
Beyond scientific competence, to succeed in this role, the candidate will need to exhibit the following behaviors:
- An exceptional appreciation for, and attitude towards safety
- Effective application of scientific skills in a commercial setting, which often means working with ambiguity, rapid prototyping and balancing quality with speed of delivery.
- Willingness to develop an understanding of the needs and viewpoints of other R&D colleagues as well as the wider business.
You have an open mind and communication skills to get your opinion and ideas across, and it comes naturally to you to navigate within a matrix organisation, where building relations to colleagues is key. Finally, you are a competent communicator with strong English proficiency and the ability to make your field accessible to non-specialists.
When and how to apply?
If you want to seize this exciting opportunity, please apply no later than 1st of May 2019. For additional information, please call Senior R&D Manager Colin Ray at +45 91317876.
Please apply via this link.