Are you a knowledge expert on Microbiology which can support us in taking Arla Foods Ingredients’ R&D to the highest standard in the world with regards to Food Safety and Quality? Can you apply your microbiology knowledge to production processes of whey and milk-based powder ingredients? Then join the Deploy Team at Arla Foods Ingredients’ (AFI) R&D department.
Arla Foods Ingredients is an independent company within the Arla Foods Group and a global leader in natural whey ingredients for many different categories including bakery, beverages, dairy, infant and sport nutrition.
Key partner to various innovation projects
Based in Nr. Vium, Denmark, you will work among 60 innovators, research specialists and pilot plant technicians to “discover and deliver all the wonders whey can bring to people’s lives”. Your ongoing mission will be to support the development of new processes for dairy based ingredients in powder form, and to scale up from pilot plant units to production. Among your stakeholders, you will work closely with Supply Chain, Quality, and Microbiologists from the Arla Foods Innovation Centre.
Your tasks will be:
- Responsible for validating new analysis methods
- Responsible for driving challenge studies with external partners
- Be a knowledge expert in microbiology challenges in processes and products in AFI internally and be in in close corporation with the Quality-department, Internal laboratories, and R&D projects across AFI
- Responsible for the microbiological evaluation of new products/processes
You hold an MSc in food microbiology (or similar field), and:
- Preferably you have several years of experience from the industry, working with microbial risk assessment
- You have a strong knowledge base in molecular tools and/or modelling in industrial processes
- Preferably you have experience with working together with external partners.
- It would be an advantage if you have experience in working with biofilms.
- · You understand processing, engineering and operations (e.g. membrane filtration, chromatography and dairy operations)
- You should be able to work structured, be able to make user-friendly documentation and good at sharing you results and knowledge
- A PhD degree would be an advantage, but it is not mandatory
- You should be able to work independently but also in teams
This position is a Maternity cover and we are interested in getting you on board as soon as possible and expect you to work here for a period of approx. 1 year.
Application and contact
Applications will be processed as they are received, so please send your application as soon as possible via the link below. For additional information about the position, please call Senior R&D Manager Bente Østergaard Mikkelsen at +45 7217 7891.
Please apply via this LINK.