We’re currently looking to recruit a Finance Manager to join our Accounting team based at our head office in Leeds. This is an exciting opportunity for a fully qualified accountant to play a vital role in the UK Accounting team. Reporting to the Head of UK Accounting, you will be responsible for driving accounting excellence within the UK and the wider Global Accounting team. In this role you will work within a truly global team whilst also working closely with the UK Finance Leadership Team and wider UK organisation.
Some of your key responsibilities in the role will include:
• Chief Accountant for Arla Foods Limited and other UK entities, ensuring all are compliant with internal and external requirements
• Providing monthly group reporting to Denmark
• UK lead on balance sheet management
• Overseeing the UK statutory accounts process
• Continuously challenging accounting processes and controls in order to drive improvements
• Providing expertise and advice to finance and the wider business to ensure the UK legal entity accounts are prepared in line with IFRS, the Arla Finance Manual and all relevant UK regulation
• Accounting lead on high risk and complex areas, including cheese stock valuation, IAS 19 and deferred tax valuation
• UK lead on external audit process
• Deputising for the Head of UK Accounting when required and helping to coach and develop other colleagues within the team
• Performing project work as required by the Head of UK Accounting, and the Global Accounting function. This will involve working across borders and legal entities
The successful candidate will be a fully qualified accountant (ACA or ACCA preferred) with experience of working in practice (ideally Big 4) as well as in industry. With strong technical accounting experience you will be familiar with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS). You will have excellent communication skills which will allow you to successfully work within a global team, and also help you to explain complex accounting issues to colleagues outside of Finance. With an ability to work under pressure you will work to ensure that strict deadlines are always adhered to. Experience of data analytics and a working knowledge of SAP would also be beneficial.
The closing date for this role is 26th August
Please apply via this link.