We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Specialist Systems Engineer to join our dairy in Taw Valley, Devon. The successful candidate will be a skilled Engineer, who will combine their knowledge of engineering and utilities system principles to sup-port the delivery of a successful Dairy Production Facility. You will work as part of the high performing Engineering Team, focusing on the preventative maintenance, com-pliance and optimising of site equipment and processes.
You will be responsible for the negotiation, sourcing and purchasing of all appropriate equipment, components and services. In addition, you must maintain all engineering stock, stock locations and manage deliveries. Further responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Maintaining SAP purchase order system in line with department KPIs
• Establishing maintenance job packs for all overhaul activities
• Leading engineering Materials Requirements Planning (MRP) development
• Managing pre-kitting activities as required
• Providing technical authorship for the development of maintenance work instructions
• Generating departmental weekly/monthly KPI report
• Accountability for withdrawing stock from engineering stores in line with the SAP pro-cedures
• Conducting and responding to audits
• Continually seek and source alternative suppliers to minimise cost and increase profi-tability, whilst liaising with the Global purchasing team to ensure compliance with glo-bal purchasing agreements
• Carrying out supplier reviews
• Converting current CMMS ready for Arla Standard SAP PM
• Being a SAP PEF super user and train colleagues to agreed standards
• Manage and oversee the contractor control and Permit to Work systems
• Establish and maintain statutory/regulatory inspection readiness plans
Skills and Experience
Candidates should have an engineering background with experience of stock mana-gement and control. This is a fast paced environment and you must have the ability to continually look for ways to improve processes. We are also looking for candidates who have experience of the following:
• Trained in SAP PS1
• IT literacy Microsoft office, Excel superuser
• Use of Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS) – Ideally SAP Main-tenance Module
• Engineering / Automation trained
In return you can expect a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work with the UK’s largest dairy, in a growth- oriented environment that encourages professional development.
Please apply via this LINK.